Breaking Point Ch. 1

Edited**

Chapter 1

Fear is not something I am accustomed to. They say it is an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. And yet…It feels as if it is so much more than that.

What are you afraid of?

Cemeteries?…Rollercoaster’s?…Spiders?…

How about something that is more…deeper...

Being left alone?…Letting someone you care about down?…And one of the most common one…How about the dark?

Many humans are afraid of the dark. Their excuse? because it is the absence of the opposite of it; light.

Maybe…just maybe it is because they don’t know what is within the darkness. As small children, we are taught of monsters under our beds, boogy-men in the closets, and other things that “go bump in the night”. We grow up with these fears. And when asked about it we laugh at the silly immature thought; thinking that if we do not think about…it will magically go away. But when we turn the light off…the fear resurrects within us.

Laying in the dark room, the only light coming from the glow along the ceiling and down the walls. Staring blankly at my glow-in-the-dark star covered ceiling, I acknowledged the fact that sleep isn’t going to come.

Usually I can stay up between three or four day…and then… I crash. Thankfully, I don’t need the full eight to ten hours of sleep every night. The awful thing about crashing is being woken up by a

кошмар

.

Sitting up, I swung my legs around and left them dangling. Rubbing the back of my hand across my face, my feet hit the ground. Standing up, I quickly walked to my door and turned the handle and walked through the threshhold.  

I instantly regretted walking out of my soundproof bedroom. Hearing the disturbing…noises…coming out of my Second in Commands room. Apparently, he has one of his…companions entertaining him.

He calls them companions…I call them whores. It’s not that I have anything against them. Really, I….Ok. Maybe I do. But only because I can hear them. Loudly. What 15 year old wants to hear her best friend…never mind.

Cringing at the noises once more, I quickly strode down the candle scented hallway. Noticing my men standing at their post, I turned the corner and walked through the large double doors.

Instantly feeling the padding under my feet, my gaze settled on the wall filled with my toys.

No one touched my wall. No one. Nik, the thing upstairs being entertained, learned the hard way…

Let’s just say it involved my foot and his ass.

He couldn’t walk for days.

You would think a 15 year old girl wouldn’t be able to kick a 2 hundred year old vampires ass.

You would be wrong.

Chuckling at the memory, I walked across the padded room and stopped in front of my wall.

As I said before, I was trained by the best. He saw my potential and quickly found my weakness. Soon enough, he fucked up my life. Brutally beating me for hours; seeing how much I could take. I quickly learned that he was getting off by my pain; my screams and cries. He enjoyed it.

When I realized this, I held it all in. Every fucking thing he through at me, I took and held it all in.

Becoming more and more frustrated by not being able to break me, he did everything harder and longer.

And still. Still didn’t give in. Day after day he did this, which turned into a year. Then two. Then three…and so on.

I'm assuming you are thinking how could a mother let her child go through this.

My mother…My God my mother was beautiful. Long red locks that tumbled down her back, all the way to her waist. Beautiful bright blue/green eyes that changed in the sun. She was…breathtaking.

I would just sit in the kitchen and just watch her when I was younger. She would sing and sway her hips while cooking.

They say im the splitting image of her.

I don’t see it.

She did everything in her power to help me; to save me. She just…wasn’t strong enough. Being a wolf without a pack behind her…she couldn’t possible take on a vampire. Especially him. He caught her ...and soon enough, I was created.

 In all fairness...im not just some little girl. It might be because i have vampire and werewolf blood running through my veins. The werewolf blood courtesy of my mother. It also might help that i was trained by the very best. The one everyone knew...the one everyone feared. Even the most oldest of vampires. Noticing my...uniqueness..he started my brutal training. Using me for his own gain. Knowing i would be against it, he found my one weakness. Knowing I would do anything he asked, he trained me to be his own personal killing machine. He created what I am today. And in return, I used it against him.

I suppose i should give you my name. You may call me Cass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. I know i said this was Romance and just wait..i will get there. I just don't want to give anything away.

**MoreThanOurMistakes**