The Stolen Kits [Warrior Cats Fanfic] Chapter 3

~Chapter 3~

*StormClan*

~Stormpool’s POV~

“Heatherfire, Kindlefoot, Greenpaw, and Thornbreath. Go on a border patrol with Stormpool on the ScorchClan border.” Rabbitleg, our Deputy, ordered. The five of us nodded, heading out.

“Come on.” I urged, starting to run. Us of StormClan were known for our running. The moorland was our home and we could catch the fastest prey, rabbits, with ease.

“Are you excited?” Kindlefoot meowed to her apprentice. The brown she-cat nodded, her green eyes bright. She had learned that after this patrol, at sunhigh, she would be made into a warrior since she had passed her assessment yesterday evening. I knew it was the young she-cats dream to be the best warrior, considering it was her sisters dream. But Redpaw was killed in a fight between ScorchClan only five months after her apprenticeship. The ScorchClan cat didn’t even realize it because when he had jumped, Redpaw’s neck had snapped when she landed in an awkward position on the rocks. To say he was shocked would be an understatement.

That was probably the last battle we were going to have on ScorchClan territory. I can’t understand how they can live with all those rocks poking at their paws.

“I’m ecstatic! I wonder what my name will be.” Greenpaw said, her mind probably wondering over that thought as she became quiet.

“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the High Boulder for a Clan Meeting!” Skystar called, his silver and brown tabby pelt gleaming in the sunhigh light.

Cats broke from the bushes or tunnels their Dens were in, Hazelberry, the Medicine Cat, padded out from his den in an old rabbit hole that had a huge opening a little way in. Berrypelt, Windwatcher, Nightmoss and Skyflare walked out of the old fox den that was the elder’s den, sitting beside it as warriors and as came out of the Dens under thick bushes. I was sitting next to my two siblings: Antnose and Flowerstem. Kindlefoot and Greenpaw were near the High Boulder, Greenpaw’s pelt slick after a thorough grooming.

Snakgaze padded out of the nursery, a crack in the High Boulder that went down into a cave, with Vinekit and Blackkit scurrying around. She wrapped a tail around them, ordering them to sit still as her mate, Swiftwing, nuzzled against her side.

“Today, a new warrior will be added among the ranks of StormClan.” He glanced over at Greenpaw, motioning for her to come forward with his tail. Once she was in place he looked around, speaking, “I, Skystar, leader of StormClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on the apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn,” He looked down at Greenpaw, his eyes shining, “Greenpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?”

“I do.” She answered, her voice echoing around the silent camp.

“Then by the powers of SpiritClan,” Skystar went on, “I give you your warrior name. Greenpaw, from this moment you will be known as Greenfire. SpiritClan honors your courage and your undying loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of StormClan.” He stretched his head forward, letting his muzzle rest ontop of Greenfire’s head and she licked his shoulder before stepping back, the Clan cheering.

“Greenfire! Greenfire!”

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note              

And another Chapter is done! Of course, you probably realized, StormClan is pretty much like WindClan. I really have no inspiration when I’m in Stormpool’s POV. He’s been a character I’ve been using for a long time but he’s usually in a clan like ScorchClan. This time I decided for him to be in StormClan, I usually call it SwiftClan and I literally just had to see what the name of the Clan was again, and be a fast little fucker. Anyway, peace!

~Mew