The Stolen Kits [Warrior Cats Fanfic] Chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

*MarshClan*

-Marshfur’s POV-

“Nice catch!” Splashwish told me as I flipped a fish out of the water and killed it swiftly. Us in MarshClan lived among marshes and stream, full of fish, snakes, toads, frogs and many other things.

“Thanks. Let’s head back.” She nodded turning to pick up the two frogs she had caught and I followed her as we walked through the large grass, our naturally large paws stepping over the squishy mud.

“I can’t wait until Flowershine’s kits are born!” She mewed cheerfully and I nodded. She loved kits and couldn’t wait to have her own.

“And then there’s Nightshine’s kits with Mosseye! They’ll be so cute!” Ah, her brother and his mate.

“Mhm….” I hummed as we headed into the thick grass tunnel that led to the camp that was surrounded by thick bushes. This was one of the only non-wet places in our entire territory. There was maybe three others that were used for training or not used at all.

“Fish!” I purred in amusement as three cats surrounded me. Grasskit, Frogkit and Bluekit.

“Kits! Don’t trip Marshfur!” Bluefeather scolded, running over to herd the kits towards the nursery that was incased in bushes like all the other dens in the camp. Even the dirtplace was under a bush after you walked through a small grass tunnel.

“It’s fine, Bluefeather.” I mused, dropping the fish onto the freshkill pile while a purring Splashwish did the same with her frogs.

“But Splashwish promised to play with us!” Frogkit whined, his short, dark brown tail swishing.

Bluefeather glanced over at the she-cat, seeing if it was true and the dark brown cat nodded as she sat next to me.

“….fine.” She sighed, hanging her head after getting pouting gazes from the three kits. They started cheering, rushing over and Bluekit and Frogkit launched onto Splashwish while I was sent tumbling onto my side in surprise as Grasskit launched onto me.

“Hi there.” I said in confusion as she laughed, sitting on me.

“Are you and Splashwish mates?” Bluekit asked suddenly and my eyes widened, glancing over at Splashwish who’s tail was up in surprise.

“Uh….” She glanced at me and I stared at her. After a moment we both looked away.

“Not sure.”

“You guys are so cute together!” Bluekit continued and my eyes narrowed up at the sky. Seriously, SpiritClan? You had to give her this kind of personality? No one else asks about us!

“Bluekit, quiet. Can’t you tell their embarrassed?” Grasskit said as she hopped off me. I sat up, licking down my tousled dappled brown coat.

“But they-”

“Don’t.” Grasskit interrupted then looked at Splashwish with bright green eyes, shining in excitement.

“Can you teach us that move you promised? It’s only a moon until we’re apprentices!”

“….I’ll show you the gist of it.” Splashwish agreed, much to their excitement.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note (Important Information….sorta)

Sorry but these first four Chapters of the actually story are going to be short. They are mostly just for information, showing you the cats and letting you transition into the thoughts of the different types of Clans. So far you’ve met ScorchClan and MarshClan.

ScorchClan cats are kinda like SkyClan. They’re able to jump high and have powerful haunches and tough pads to walk the trails of the cliff without their pads bleeding.

MarshClan cats are like RiverClan but are edited a bit. They are able to swim and have the thick coats like RiverClan cats but their paws are huge to be able to walk over the marshy ground and not sink down because of their body mass.

Their food sources are a mix of RiverClan and ShadowClan really, given ShadowClan’s old home used to be on the marshy ground on one side of the Thunderpath in the old territories.

Then ScorchClan’s main food source are birds like SkyClan but they hunt the big birds. The eagles, hawks, etc. Kinda like the Tribe of Rushing Water, really.

Anyway, this is a really long Author’s Note and I’m surpised you read it all. Peace!

~Mew