Chapter 2

Rayna’s POV

Pain. A whole lot of pain. I’m too scared to look down at myself, for what I might see. I turn my head to my sister who is crying, and look down at her leg. Part of her skin is ripped open, and it does not look good, she’s probably going to have to get stitches.

“Rayna… Look…” She points hand towards the front of the car.

“Oh Shit! Georgia, your arm!” I could see part of her bone against her skin, almost sticking out of it completely.

“That’s not what I’m trying to show you. Turn your head.”

I turn my head forwards and see our parents. That’s a lot of blood. Not only that, but it’s sort of chunky…

“MOM! DAD!” I lean forward to reach out to them, to somehow try to stop the bleeding, but then I feel pinching in my sides. Okay, if I’m going to help them, I’ll have to see what’s wrong with me first.

I look down at myself and I’m truly horrified at what I see. I’m no Doctor, but I’m pretty sure that my right shoulder is dislocated. I could feel blood dripping from my forehead down onto my cheeks and over my nose, slipping into my mouth. It tasted so metallic. I mean, yes, I have sometimes bit the inside of my cheek and then it would bleed, but this? This is so much blood!

I moved a bit, to see if anything is wrong with my back. Lately, my back has been feeling extremely weird, sort of near my shoulder blades, so of course I’m worried about it a bit more than usual. Yup. I still had that same pang feeling.

I glance towards my legs and see some metal stuck in them. Wait, METAL?! I whip my head around the car and notice how the car is truly a shit show. Parts of it was scattered along the road we were on, along with broken shards of glass. It stopped snowing, so that’s good, we can finally see more clearly now. Although, because parts of the car are gone, leaving open holes in it, now it’s freezing.

“Um, Rayna?” I let go of my thoughts about myself and started to undo my seatbelt to get a better look at my parents. I slowly leaned over to get a side glance at my parents. My mother’s face… It was just… gone, ripped up. You could see her nose; there was no skin on her face at all. There was a piece of metal from the car that sunk into her skull. She’s dead. She’s… FUCKING… DEAD…

“Georgia, she’s dead. She’s gone. S-she died. She d-died this horrible death, of a c-car accident.” I was a stuttering mess.

“O-oh my god… nooooooo…” Georgia started to cry even harder.

I turned my head to the left and looked at my dad. He had a big gash in his neck, and he already bled out.

“Dad’s dead too…” We were both crying at this point, Georgia harder than me, probably because she was closer to them than I was, but still, we just lost both of our parents.

After what seemed like forever, realization hit. What are we going to do?! I looked over at Georgia, her cut in her leg was bleeding a lot, and she was looking really pale. We have to get out of here, even if it means leaving our parents bodies behind.

“Georgia, we got to go, we need help, you’re bleeding too much, and we could both die here.”

She sniffled. “Rayna, how do you think we could get out of here? The parts of the car that are missing are in the front, and I am NOT going near our parents.”

I wiped the blood dripping from my forehead with my sleeve. That’s when it came to me, the window! I could unroll it and we can climb out!

I tried the button to unroll it. It wouldn’t work. I looked back over to Georgia, who looked like she was getting unconscious.

I was truly stumped as to what to do. Should I kick it out? I mean, Lee on The Walking Dead Telltales game was able to do it with a hurt leg, so why can’t I?

I laid down on my seat as well on the middle seat, and brought my right leg up. Damn, that hurt like a bitch! Georgia was just silently watching me. I kicked the window, and my leg went through, but didn’t shatter. It peeled up some of the skin on my leg, pushing some metal in deeper. I groaned in pain. I slid my bloody leg through the glass again, and gave it another kick. This time it actually shattered. I looked over at Georgia. She’s unconscious! I picked her up and rested her on my left shoulder. My right shoulder still hurt like all hell, but hey, it could be worse.

 I shimmied out the window still carrying Georgia. I hit the ground, almost tripping on the newly fallen sticky snow. I laid Georgia on the side of the road, and started to go look around at what had actually happened, but I felt very tired… so I went to go and lay beside Georgia, my leg covering hers to try to stop her bleeding. I lost my Mom. I lost my Dad. I sure as hell am not going to lose my sister.