chapter 16

Ryan's pov

I stared at the piece of paper in front of my same. same with Tyler. I looked over at him and he looked like he was about to burst into tears. he looked away from the paper and to the desk that was there on the other side of the room. I looked closer at the photo.. Alex sort of looked like Jessica.. same face shape, curly hair, same smile..

"hey um tyler.." I said slowly.

"what?" he asked lowly

"um. Alex looks kind of like Jessica" I said ripping off the piece of paper and walking towards tyler who was looking at me with a confused look. "look" I handed him the paper and he stared down at it looking closely. "they have the same curly hair, smile, face shape. if I would know better I would think that Jessica is a older version of Alex." I explained to tyler who looked like he was debating about what I had just said.

"so.. are you saying that.. Jessica is Alex?" he asked looking back down at the paper.

"well not completely. i'm just saying that theirs a possibility"

he looked up at me once again and let go of the paper which flew down to the floor. he then walked closer to me still looking me in the eyes.

"a possibility?" he whispered slowly to me.

"yeah I mean it could-"

"a possibility! my sister is fucking dead man. I mean why do you think that theres a 'X' over her face? concerder the possibility that we will never catch the asshole who did it!" he said yelling at me.

his mom came around the cornor and saw us. tyler was breathing really hard and looked like he was about to cry again. his mom ran down the hallway and into the room that we were in. once she walked threw the door way she gasped as she looked around the room at all of the childerns faces. most of them with 'X's'

"whats going on in here?" she asked looking between me and Tyler

"we found something and I had said something about it and got Tyler upset. im sorry" I sadi looking at Tyler.

"its fine" he whispered

his mom looked down at the floor and saw the paper. she bent down and picked it up and looked at it. she gasped once again looking at it. she then looked at Tyler and hugged him tieght as she they pulled apart officer denis walked in and saw the whole room.

"wow" he said as he spun around the room. his eyes then landed on the desk that sat up agasint the wall that we were standing in front of. officer Denis told us to move aside real quick and we did as told. he walked over to the desk and looked at what was scattered all over the desk. he then looked up and saw a map. I didn't notice it there before until officer Denis looked up at it. there was red lines going across the whole map. the officer ripped it off the wall and then turned to us.

"what is it?" tyler's mom asked

"its a map of Indiana and Ohio." officer Denis started and then turned the map so we could see it. "and my guess is that these read lines" he ran his finger along the lines. "is a route that they are taking. I'll have to give this to the sheriff and then we can continue the search in these area's. I think this can be very helpful."

we all nodded our heads and followed the officer out of the room. me and Tyler then stood out in the hallway watching all of the police men find new things that could be used as evidence of some sort I guess. an officer with dark brown hair then looked at a door that hasn't been opened. he then opened the door and walked in. I hit Tyler with the back of my hand grabbing his attention and walking towards the room that the officer went in. as we walked in the room you couldn't see anything. I felt along the wall for a light switch and found on and flicked it on. the officer turned to our direction and looked at us.

"it smells like blood and alcohol just like the basement" Tyler said as he looked around the small little room.

"it does" the officer agreed before bending down and picking something up. "and I think this may be causing the alcohol smell." he said holding up a half empty bottle of alcohol. "and this" he said turning his back and unhooking something off the wall that was behind him. "may be the cause of the smell of blood" me and Tyler gasped at what was in the officers hand. a whip. in the dim light of the room I could see dry blood on it. I then looked over to the left and saw a pole that was in the middle and had hand cuffs. one side of the cuffs was wrapped aroundthe pole and the other was laying lose on the floor. I felt like I was going to puke, picturing what must have happened in this room. and the piles of blood stained all around, didn't make it better. I backed out of the room with Tyler following behind. we then just decided to go outside and wait for one of his parents to come back out.

"do you think that Jessica was once tied to that pole and beaten?" Tyler asked me as we leaned against the car.

"there's no other explanation to why there is so many bruises on her... besides the bullying that happens to her at school"

"she gets bullied? Tyler asked me confused

"yeah. I saw it happen once. she looked right at me and then walked away. I was going after her down the hallway but the bell rang and people filled the hallways and I lost her.. I felt really bad just standing there and watching it." I shook my head remembering what I saw being done to her that day... it was horrible but she took it like it was nothing.

a silence fell between me and Tyler but it didn't last long until Tyler's mom walked out of the door and saw us sitting on the cement driveway, leaning against the car. she walked over to us and bent down in front of us. we both looked up and she looked like she was about to tell us some really bad news.

"there taking a route from here to Ohio and we don't know why. we found an address on a crumbled piece of paper in the drawer so were going to go to the location of the building... are you guys coming?" she asked looking between me and tyler.

"yeah... we'll go." Tyler answered.

he stood up and opened the car door and sat in the back seat. I stood up to dusting myself off and opening the other door joining him in the car. tyler's mom stood up as well and went back inside the house. a few minutes later his mom came back out with tyler's dad and a few officers. Tyler's parents got in the car and we waited for some of the officers to back out so we could.

once that was done we followed the police men down the streets and on to a highway. I think it was about an hour or to until we finally reached a long dirt road that went on for a mile then a old cabin looking thing came into view. tylers mom gasped as the car stopped. she hopped out of the car and looked around. the rest of us got out and went to Tyler's mom. she looked like she was about to cry.

"what?" tyler asked.

Tyler's mom turned around and looked at Tyler's dad who looked just the same. then she turned to me and Tyler and whispered.

"this is where Alex was found... dead. in the woods."

Tyler's mom let a few tears flow out but Tyler didn't.. he was like a waterfall with tears. I put an arm around him to comfort him. soon Tyler's dad started to cry and then we all started walking to that very spot..

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys sorry that this chapter is very short.. I wanted to put out another update so I quickly made this.. sorry if its horrible and really short.

anyway.......

so I guess I will be making a sequel for this story :))))

I have no idea what I'm going to write about but ill just think of it so yeah but ill make it the best I can!!!

so yeah heres the (short) 16th chapter.

I promise to make the next one longer and better

so yeah.. like, comment and tell me what you think... bye!! ^_^ (sorry if i missed spell anything)