Society's Expectations & Too Many Complications {Finalist}

In the 1800s, London society is thriving. From the balls to the brunches, the eyes of the many look at your every move. Rosalia Taylor- a duchess's daughter- is the centre of attention as she is set to marry a commoner. But the gossip is nothing compared to what's in store for her engagement. On the eve of her celebratory ball, she discovers her sister is with child; the father being her very own fiancee. Betrayed and destroyed, Rosalia flees the public eye.

Two years pass, the new Hartleys moved to America, leaving Rosalia nineteen and unwed. Given a deadline of three months, Rosalia Taylor must find the man to be her husband and if she fails, she will be handed over to marry the loathsome Lord Chalmers a.k.a Pig. A masked man attracts her eye, but who is William really? Is it Sebastian, the constant friend by her side? Daniel, just returned from business? Could it even be a stranger?

Rosalia doesn't know but the clock is ticking and she must marry before the three months are out. She must uncover the mask and see for herself who the man she loves truly is. In a web of betrayal, lies, love and mystery, the duke's daughter has many complications with the oncoming expectations.

{Finalist in Undiscovered Historical Fiction in the 2012 Watty Awards}

Author ChatterKid