Chapter 8

I look over at Eli and sigh. Afterwards, I get up and walk away going to my room. In there I get changed into a pair of shorts and a tee and tell Katelin I am going outside for a run. I know there is a park nearby so I decide ill run there.

It takes me about twenty minutes, about two miles, till Im actually there. When I get there, since it’s a nice sunny day out, and all the kids are playing with their parents. I sit on a bench and just kind of watch them till I feel someone sit next to me. As soon as I look over I regret it. It’s Sean and I immediately look away.

“Aww, come on babe. It was the bad.” He says.

“Yes it was. You almost took me on your door…” I trail off, having more I’d like to add but don’t.

“Listen, babe. You’re hot. You’re not really the type of girl I would usually go for… but like I said you’re hot. Sue my if I guy like me would like to band a hot girl like you.”

I look at him and wait for him to break the awkward silence that takes us over for a few minutes, until I finally can’t stand it anymore and blurt out

“I’m a virgin.”

He looks at me like I have a third eye.

“No way. Someone as sexy as you. And in foster care. Damn all those boys over there over the age of 12 aren’t virgins.”

“Well, I haven’t been in a foster home a while, and my mom would have killed me if I did anything.” I trail off, realizing my mom would have killed me anyways if she really felt like it.

“Wow, baby, I didn’t really realize…. Never woulda guessed… Oh well… Damn.” I look over at him to see him twiddling his thumbs.

“Listen,” I start. “You’re hot and all and if I was a whore I would go for you. But I’m not. I’m… saving myself for the right guy.” I tell him.

He thinks for a moment and then says “Well, seeing as you wont do anything with me, how about you and me, ya know, just be friends? Nothing serious, just friends. In fact, you could come to my house and we could play some games or something. You know how to play Rummy?” He asks.

I nod in response and begin to get up. “I think I am going to go home.” I say.

“Well I’ll walk you there.” He offers. I look over my shoulder at him and say okay, then begin to walk away, hearing his footsteps close behind me.