Chapter 4~ nice to meet you too.

Well here is another chapter. Hope you enjoy and let me know :) thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****************************************************

Chapter 4.

After Eli left my room, I began to think about him. He has this weird feeling around him, and his brown hair covering his brown eyes, kind of scared me. He is the first person, besides my mom, who scares me. Honestly scares me.

I continue emptying my bad as I wait for dinner. I don’t feel like going downstairs. When I am done, I lay  on my bed reading until a little boy, only about 7, walks into my room. He is really cute, like the little kid kind of cute. He has really big eyes for a boy, but they are this really nice blue and he has really chubby cheeks.

He smiles at me and tells me it is time to chomp. I smile back to him and follow him downstairs. On the way he starts singing the “here comes the bride.” Song. I slightly blush at how cute this kid is, but keep my posture as I hit that last step. Sitting in the dining room around the biggest table I have ever seen must be at least 10 boys.

I internally do that gulp you see everyone do in the movies when something is bad. I wander over to an open seat in the table and sit in between two boys I don’t know yet. We sit down and wait for Katelin to come out with dinner and probably the boy who sits in the other missing chair besides Katelin’s.  

When she walks in with a huge thing of food, I look around to the other boys who all seem to be licking their chops. I wait for her to sit down, when I then realize that everyones heads are now bowed down with their hands in their lap. Not knowing what is going on, I follow, and wait.

Katelin then says one of the most beautiful things ever. She is thanking God for everything she has, the gagillion guys, the food, the house, the work. The last thing she thanked him for was me. Now that there was finally a girl in the house she would have someone to talk to and gossip with.

Afterwards, everyone said amen and passed the dishes. I waited for something to come by me to grab if I liked the way it looked. Growing up, I never really had dinner or anything with my mom. We also weren’t very religious. We never said a prayer, and I only individually prayed when I was in a hell of a lot of trouble. Which was almost all the time.

After prayer, Katelin tells them my name, introduces me.  I learn all the guys. The eldest, Dustin, is 19. He just graduated high school and is now going to college in the summer. The next oldest is Kyle. He is 17. He has long brown hair, kind of seductive. The next are Gabe and Parker, twins. They are both 15, my age. Michael is 13. He looks a lot like Kyle, so I am assuming they are brothers. The next two are Jared and Jeffery. They are both 10. The youngest are Brenden, 8, and Layton, 5.  I didn’t need to be introduced to Eli, though. But he is the same age as me.

After being introduced, I learn that they are all adopted. None of them are still visiting their parents. But I don’t know why they are here. For the rest of the dinner, the older boys talk about their sports, and the little boys just stuffed their face.

I listened to what they talked about and soaked in their lives. They were a very busy family, being 11 Kids and all. But they all individually are busy. I wonder how Katelin keeps up with it.

“So, Kahlin, tomorrow you will be meeting our neighbors, the Johnsons. They are really nice people and I think you will really like them.” She tells me. I nod yes and continue eating. I hadn’t eaten anything this tasty since, well since ever.

When dinner was over, I went to the kitchen to help put my stuff away, but Katelin insisted I just relax, it being my first day and everything. So I tell her thank you and walk away, going to my room. Once in there, I clean it up a little, organize it the way I want it to be.

Not long after I am in there by myself, an all too familiar face comes barging through my door again. I turn around to face Eli staring at me again.

“What do you want? And do you know how to know?” I ask him, really pulling off the pissed-off voice.

“I just wanted to get to know you. Ya know. I don’t know you, you are new here, and your room just happens to be next to mine. There is a secret passageway through the closet to get from yours to mine.” He tells me.

“Great, so what are you going to do to me while I sleep?” I ask him sternly.

“Nothing, I just wanted to let you know, that’s all.” He tells me.

“Well, do you mind leaving, I really want to be alone right now. Not with annoying teenage boys like you.” I tell him, and myself I am starting to think.

He walks closer to me, now standing directly in front of me.

“I am not an annoying teenager, you are an annoying hormonal teenage girl who thinks she doesn’t want to be with and ‘annoying’ teenager like myself.” He tells me, putting quotes around annoying.

I think about this for a second. Maybe I do want to be with an annoying teenager like him, but I am not going to tell him this.  “well I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave me alone right now. I am going to finish unpacking and then I am going to bed, so leave me alone.” I tell him sternly.

“Alright princess, see you in the morning.” He tells me, and actually listens to me.

He walks out and I finish unpacking. I quickly clean up and change into my pajamas, and are quickly asleep in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.