chapter 2

sorry for the late updates, other  things on my mind or plain lazy but most of the time i just don't know what to write. really appreciate you liking and commenting.

      not edit.. looking for any editor for all my stories.. if you feel like you can take up the job, message me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

18 years olds and some months later..

Devin POV

            I was setting at my desk doing my paper work when my Secretary burst into my office with my mother right on his heel. I look up and wished I hadn't, the look on my mother's face could move mountains. I push my chair back, standing. I level my gaze with her. letting her know I wasn't afraid. but truly, my insides we're crashing at the moment. nothing gets by her.

          "mother, what are you doing here?" I ask her, already knowing the answer. I wave my Secretary off. it's never nice for an employee to witness the downfall of his or her boss... at the mother's at that.

you haven't been home for friday dinners in two months Devin. Two months!" she said, glaring at him.

       "I know mother, but i've been busy." I lied.                

       "boy, don't lie to me. I will put my size six up your ass." she threaten. I saw her flexing the right foot. I swallow, the image of her put up my ass really put an uneasy feeling inside of me. "mother, please. i've been busy, really busy.'

"I said don't lie to me Devin. you can never be too busy to miss dinner with family. are you forgetting something?'

       "what?"

        "that the eight years until the day Happy comes back is on a dinner and we need to be together when she returns and we possible that we will never miss Friday dinner no matter what." she said sitting. I groan internally. Happy this, happy that. Happy was the baby girl I took home on day when I was fifteen from the side road, one day with the baby and we were in love. only to wake the next morning to find her missing and a lot of money we could spend in a half a life time. instead of using the money putting it somewhere safe, we all run out looking for the missing baby. all that was left of her was the memories of the time she spent with her, the money that was left with a note that said she will be back in eighteen years.

           it has been eight teen years and some months but nothing. after using the money and we got back on our feet, we started searching for her again but still no sign, we got a sketch artist but nothing. the kidnappers erases their tracks very well. but still.. we had hope, hoping that the people who took her would return her to us. bring that the happiness we had for that one day back in our lives. no such thing, so now i'm tired of waiting. Happy isn't coming back. its time to move on and that was what I was doing.

         "please mom, she won't come back." I hate to say it but she have to understand.

           "if she wasn't coming back then why would she send me this letter." she said with a big grin on her face.

"what?" I jump from my seat. like a man fighting an angry lion for the last bone I snatch the letter from her, what I read almost brought me to my knees.

            Dear to the people who took care of our daughter for a day.

A promise which was make 18 years ago should be kept. our daughter have grown and is a woman. she know seeks to thank the family who raised her for a day, we wish to have dinner with you on the fifth at eight thirty.