Deeper

Once it became three, Syler drove Lauren home and she thanked him dearly for the wonderful time, she left him with her phone number and a hug, in which Syler felt absolutely amazing by for some reason. He had never felt such a connection, and on his way home he was elated, absolutely elated. He didn't even feel the presence of the shadows for the first time in years. He wanted to tell Zane about this so badly, he wanted to call Zane and boast about his encounter, he wanted to just say everything that happened, ask questions about what was happening. He was confused and very much needing answers. He drove home and walked back into the front door. His mom stopped him again.

"Syler, you didn't eat lunch." His mom said, her voice sounded very irritated to Syler, and he sighed.

"I was busy mom, I can have something now though." Syler said, and his mom shook her head in disappointment.

"Fine." She said and let Syler walk by her. He was in the kitchen, thinking of something that wouldn't make him puke, but surprisingly everything felt safe to him. He toasted some bread and spread some peanut butter on the pieces. He took the sandwich upstairs and then examined the list of bands that Lauren had left him to listen to. He sat by his laptop and started to search each band. He would star the ones he enjoyed, and he crossed out the ones that he didn't like. The list felt as if it was two miles long, but Syler was thankful for that, it was a great distraction from his thoughts. He went through it all and texted Lauren the results. He really did seem to like her as a person. He had never felt such a strong connection to someone, especially not a girl, Syler was convinced that he was either asexual or gay his whole life, but now he was questioning that as well. Syler just decided to leave it as an open book and accept whatever. His life was too confusing at this moment already, and he had no intention of making his life even more confusing with this stuff as well. Syler had fallen truly in love with one of the bands that Lauren had introduced him to. They were called Code Orange and they loved to make pretty angry music, and it was something Syler loved, it let him just feel without having to cause any sort of pain on himself or anyone else.

Syler was startled by a knock on the door, he jumped and looked at his door, then he sighed out of frustration.
"What do you need?" He asked, clearly frustrated.
"Apologies, Jess and I are going to see a movie later and I was wondering if you wanted to come along." His mom said, and Syler shook his head.

"I'm busy." Syler said, coldly. He wanted nothing to do with his family at this point in time, he just wanted to truly be alone for a little, the whole interaction earlier exhausted him of any sort of want that he had with human interaction.
"Alright, just offering." His mom said and closed his door, then yelled to Jess that he wasn't coming. Syler continued to listen to Code Orange and he texted a couple things to Lauren, just to make sure she didn't hate him, and she didn't, as she kept reassuring him. Syler also texted Zane to ask if he wanted to hang out again. Zane agreed under the rule that we weren't going to be bored the whole time. Syler agreed with his request, and he promised he'd be over at six or so for a little bit, as he had to get home at nine to make dinner for his family. Zane kept his whole house in order, and Syler really respected him for his ability to keep himself and his family together, seeing as Syler could barely keep himself in order. He always felt the need to ask the need Zane how he kept himself in order, but he forgets every time the thought crosses his mind, which just proves how much he needs to get his life together.

Syler wasted time until Zane made his way over, his mom and sister were still at the movies, or getting dinner or something he guessed, which made him glad that he didn't go, dinner with his mom would be the last thing he wanted as of right now. The minute Syler heard the knock on his door, he rushed towards it and opened it faster than Zane was expecting, which scared him a little bit. Syler apologized and then let Zane inside.
"So, what so urgent dude?" Zane asked and Syler looked down, sort of embarrassed.