Aster, Baby

He gently put his paw on my cheek as he kissed me. His lips slowly went from caressing mine to devouring them. Deep rumbles reverberated off of his chest as his grip on me tightened. My insides melted into mush as his tongue danced with mine.
"Bunny, we shouldn't," I breathed when he finally let me up for air. "I don't think we should be doing this," I said, my eyes staring up into his, wide-eyed. "This isn't the time for this."

"That's Aster to you, Amadea," he murmured softly into my ear, gently nibbling the base of it where I was most sensitive. "I'll always be Aster to you. Nothing else," he muttered, nuzzling into my neck this time, earning a soft, involuntary mewl from my lips. "And you'll always be Amadea to me. My Amadea. Nothing else."

"Bunny!" I exclaimed when he gently nipped at his mark on my neck. "Bunny, we can't!" I breathed as his arms moved to quickly spin me around to face him. His eyes roamed all over me, the deep pools of emerald in his eyes pooling with heat and desire.

"Nuh-uh-uh," he tsked, chuckling deeply, pressing me against a lean wall of muscle that was his rumbling chest. "Aster, Amadea," he breathed into my ear, sending jolts running through my veins all throughout my body.

"It's Aster."

I darted my eyes down to the floor, his name just hanging at the tip of my tongue.

"Say it, Amadea. Then I'll let you go," he urged.

"I want to hear my from my mate's mouth. Is that so wrong?'

He reached a paw under my cheek and tilted my face so he could stare into my eyes. He stroked me with a callused thumb, his eyes desperate and pleading.

"Please, baby," he pleaded, gently leaning in to peck my lips.

"Aster," I whimpered, biting down on my lip as I darted my eyes away from him, unable to look him in the eye.

"Baby, look at me," he groaned, kissing my square on the lips, making me melt even more into his embrace, feeling like our bodies were literally fused together for life.

I shook my head vigorously, my paws clutching onto his silvery blue fur.

"We have to go, Amadea. We still have a mystery to figure out. And no matter how selfish I sound, I'm not letting you go until I hear my name from your lips while you look me in the eye," he hummed, leaning his forehead against mine.

Heat radiated off of his body, encasing me in a sea of his bodily warmth and scent. His scent was irresistible and overriding all of my senses. All I had to do was say his name.

But why was it so hard?

"I can't," I murmured softly, burying my face into his chest so he couldn't tilt my face up to look at him. "Please, I can't."
"Why not?" he asked, burying his face into my neck, nuzzling affectionately. "Please. Just once. I need to hear my mate say it to my face."
"Bunny we're not mates," I said, shaking my head. "Not in this life. We can't."
"And why the hell not?" he growled lowly. "I still have your mark and you still have mine. Tell me why we can't be mates in this life. Tell me why we aren't."
"Bunny-"

"It's Aster, baby," he exasperated, squeezing the life out of my body. "Please, baby. Just once."

"We can't be mates in this life. I'll only end up killing you again," I whimpered, my long-kept secret slipping past my lips just like that, like butter.

"Goddamn it, Amadea. It wasn't your goddamn fault," he frowned, his voice growling dangerously as he pulled away to sternly look me in the eye. "You weren't the one at fault. It was never your fault. And don't even start on all the other lives you blame yourself for taking. It wasn't you."