Blush|1

Blush: Chapter 1

He was the kid that sat all the way at the back of the class. He never talked. Never even looked up. No one could be as antisocial as him. It was kinda depressing. The way he gloomed over nothing. Well, nothing is what everyone thinks it is. No one knows. No one knows why. No one wanted to know why. No one cared. Though I did. I don't know why. I wanted to care. I did, but I'm sure if I tried, he wouldn't let me.

He just sat there. Staring at his beige colored, squeaky desk as if it were the most fascinating thing in the world. His caramel hair would cover his eyes. Though, you could tell, if he looked up, you'd be able to see all of his facial features. Though he never did.

I wanted to see his eyes. I always found myself wondering about the color of his eyes. Blue was off the list, it just didn't seem to fit him. I had a feeling they were dark green. I had a good feeling that if you ever looked into them, a ray of sadness would be there, clear as daylight, clear as a crystal.

I wanted to hear his voice. I had a feeling it was low with a rasp. I just couldn't find myself thinking his voice would be pitched high.

I wanted to feel his skin. From the cheek I can see right now. It looked as smooth as a baby's butt. Of course I haven't actually touched a baby's butt, but the saying was the only thing I could come up with. It just looked so soft.

Surely, if anyone popped into my thoughts, they'd think I was obsessed. And I'd probably agree.

"James,"

I looked up at my teacher in confusion.

"Please pay attention."

I just nodded back.

Five minutes later the bell rang and everyone got up from their desks, moving to the front of the room where the door was to quickly exit out of 4th block. I had stayed seated.

Mrs. Downwel looked at him and I with a look as if saying 'why are you still in my classroom'. I know he didn't see the look or was even listening. So I just answered for us both.

"After school club."

She sighs, but nods and leaves the classroom, stating that she was going to go print class reports. I just nodded and watched her leave.

I didn't see him get up and leave so just as I was about to stand up I turned to the back of them room. He was packing his things up, but never put his head up once again. I was starting to get very irritated.  Why couldn't he just look up once?

I walked to the back of the room and straight up to him. He was finished packing up and turned around to exit the room, but stopped once his eyes came in contact with my black, Nike sneakers.

He didn't look up.

"Hello."

He didn't reply.

I'm sure I'll regret this but....

I lifted my hand in the air to tilt his chin up, but he flinched away, and along with that flinch came a tiny, tiny squeal.

I quickly placed my hand down and tried leaning down to look into his eyes.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I would never hit you."

And finally. He looked up.

The most beautiful brown eyes came into view and I almost melted at the spot. He whimpered and quickly looked back down. Not the usual 'looking down' look he does. His head was more up this time. I could see a blush spreading on his face like wild fire.