Prologue

The Wondrous Silver Bell

Prologue

The dark red blood oozed down my parent's beautiful, lifeless bodies. My hands tainted with slaughter as I stared at the dead perpetrators. The whole room smelt of rust and metal due to the large amounts of dry and wet blood. My breaths came out short and loud, it was the only thing I could hear other than my pounding heart. Blood was all I saw and all I could think of at that moment. The crimson red liquid covered the walls and damaged the once beige carpet.

A scream erupted from the top of my lungs as I fell down on my knees, crying next to my parent's pale faces.

I slowly crawled next to them and used whatever strength I had to check their pulse. The little bit of faith I had faded and my tears fell stronger. No pulse. I knew, and yet I had to make sure.

I cried as I tried to pick them up. My legs and arms felt heavy due to exhaustion. I gave up and my bottom slammed against the carpeted floor. Many thoughts ran across my mind as I reminisced the last few years. We were happy. We ran away from the war to find peace, yet the war found us instead. How could that be fair? It was not and it never will be, for our lives were not made to be fair.

I moved to cry onto them as their blood stained my clothes and wiped along my face. I looked down to see my beautiful long silvery blue hair painted in blood, and that was when I practically lost my mind.

"With these small and frail hands you have always laughed about... I have killed your murderers. I will not stop here either. I will kill them all," I whimpered through my tears in anger. I knew that if they had heard me they would tell me not to seek revenge, but it was the only thing running through my mind.

I was not sure whether being born a Magician and having these powers was a blessing or a curse.

I could not fathom with the fact that my mama and papa were dead; they could not have possibly left me all alone. "Please don't leave me, I can't live like this. Please."

I cried the rest of the night on top of my dead parents. From a stranger's point of view, it might have looked very odd and disgusting but to me it was comforting. I felt like I needed to hold on to something from them even if it meant their now useless bodies that were already turning blue.

Before I went to sleep that night, I heard bells. Jingle bells to be exact, and one thought crossed my mind before I fell unconscious. Hope.

Word definitely traveled swiftly.