The Kiss of Life

“So begin to pick your partner for the rest of the year. Pick wisely because I’m not going to let you change it later-” Someone quickly responded “I want to work with her.” Ms. Crain looked at me and I look around with a surprised look. Who would choose me that quickly? I look and see that the hot guy that I like was pointing straight at me. Everyone started to look at him with amazement including me. He picked me? Well this will be fun. I smile at him.

“Anyone else like to boldly pick” Ms. Crain continued. “I want Leila as my partner” as soon as someone said that everyone (even Leila) turned around with shock in their faces. Silence covered the air and then everyone laughed but I didn’t feel the need to. It was Jace from the hallway. Leila looked at him embarrassed. Yup, I’m gunna like this class.

As everyone bickered and argued on whose going to be whose partner.  Ms. Crain screamed like a sergeant as if we were soldiers “Listen up! Everyone stand next to your partner and if you argue I will choose a partner for you!” After that being said everyone quickly moved into position and it was quiet but not for long.

The door open’s and everyone stares over at this guy with a black hoodie and jeans walking in. How many dramatic entrances are we going to get here? This isn’t twilight. He looked so suspicious. His head was down as he walked towards us but you couldn’t see his face. He stops in front of Ms. Crain and she leans down to try and see his face.

“What is your name young man?” Mr. Crain said.

“My name’s K.T.”

“Well look at me when I’m speaking. K.T. Why aren’t you dressed for class? This is a swimming cla-” She stops as he hands her a note. As she read’s it she Coffs casually as if she was embarrassed of her mistake. “Um take off your hoody” she looks at him as if she had the power and she loved it. Everyone observed him.

As he took off his hoodie he had blond hair that stood up and a weird tattoo in the right side of his neck. Most of my classmates moved away as they whispered to each other the same question that everyone else in the class wondered which was “Is he one of them” and the classic “Is he a Terrum?”

The only person who didn’t move away was me, Jace and the hot guy I was staring at earlier. Even the teacher stepped back. And of course Leila ran for the hills like everyone else. I stared closely at him. He had blue eyes and he looked so perfect. He was so handsome and I’m shore every girl in here agreed. The only problem is that he was something that half of these idiot’s in here barely understand.

 I looked away and observed the teacher. The teacher looked at him with the most stupid face. She looked like she seen Jesus. “A-Are you o-one of those special kids?” she gulped as she finished. He looks at the crowed with an intimidating face.

“I’m not mentally ill I just live in the east side.” I giggle as low as I could. I guess someone else doesn’t like Ms.Cray over here. He’s interesting. I like this guy. Ms. Crain continues as if he didn’t say a word “Just sit in the bench K.T.” as he walks he passes me and we both stair at each other. He looks away as he keeps walking. Everyone else moved away from him immediately as he passed by. He sat down.

“Ok listen up class. Everyone line up in a row next to the pool. And start practicing amongst yourself today.  If anyone hesitates to get in the water when I say so you will be punished for not following the rules. Move it!” We walked in a single file line to our places near the pool. As I was walking to my place I glanced at the most feared person in class,K.T. Come to think of it he stole that role from me. I was the most feared but.

All of sudden he stares at me. He looks at me with a serious expression but I could tell he was checking me out. I stopped at my row and it was ironically right in front of him. I looked at him confidently with a smile and he looks away. What was that all about? I positioned myself for the jump. The whistle blue and everyone jumped in.