Chapter 3 - xxKatiexx's Chapter

Hello, Lara’s Lovelies!!

I admit it, I’m an imposter :O !! It’s not Lara!! OMG!! Its Tess aka xxKatiexx and I am helping mah homie, Lara with her story coz she got the damned Writers Block! So, I have taken the liberty of writing this chappie :P Check out mah stories too please (I love this free promotion ^-^) and I dedicate this chappie to myself ahaha.

Enjoy xx

||CHAPTER 3||

I groaned as I felt my stinging head. I looked up to see one of the boys, holding a chair. I got to my feet, my head still throbbing.

“You hit me with that?” I pointed to the chair, astonished.

The boy looked back at me, surprised, his mouth hanging open.

“You- I- Chair- Whaaat?” He stuttered, eyes wide.

That blow to the head should’ve knocked me out cold or at the least; blood should be flowing from a gash on my head. Nope. That’s one of the benefits of my powers: Healing. The boy suddenly realised where he was and grabbed me, trying to drag me back to his boss.

“Let go of me!” I protested, struggling to get out of his grip but he continued to pull me.

I wriggled in his hands and then had a stroke of genius. I swung my right leg forward and then swung it backward with a lot of force. It collided with the boy’s shin and he immediately let go of me and grabbed his stinging leg.

I made a break for it. I ran to the end of the hallway and took a left into freedom. The sunlight blinded me for a millisecond but once I regained my eyesight, I ran to the nearest bus stop.

My heart was still beating fast as I boarded and took my seat. I wondered if it would’ve been better if I had faked unconsciousness when I was hit by the chair. Now they know I have powers. Now they know I was the one. My heart sped at the thought of what they would do to me if they caught me. I had to take deeper breaths as I got off the bus and walked into the gates of my house.

I walked up to my room, not even noticing my parents sitting at the dining table. I collapsed onto my bed and looked up at the ceiling. How could I have been so stupid!? A light knock sounded on my door and Mum entered and sat at the foot of my bed.

“It happened again,” I told Mum.

“Oh, sweetie. Not again,” Mum wrapped me in one of her gentle, delicate hugs. “That’s it, boarding school it is. We’ve found one that offers maximum protection for their students. Pack your things, we’ll leave in the morning.”

I sighed and nodded. It’s not like I had any friends here so I may as well get a fresh start at a new school.

***

“So you must be Tessa,” my new roommate said, holding out her hand. “My name’s Allie.”

I shook her hand and said, “Nice to meet you.”

“I’ll show you around,” Allie offered and I followed her out of our small room and into the school grounds.

I walked in awe of the lush, green vegetation that surrounded the courtyard I was in. The courtyard was quite big and had trees and bushes dotted around the outside. As I took it all in, I saw a flash of colour move from one tree to another. I peered at the spot where I saw the flash, curiously. What was that? Luckily, Allie was walking in that direction anyway and when I saw another flash, I could make out what it is.

It was the same boy who hit me with the chair the day before. He had found me already? I pretended not to notice him and continued to follow Allie but all she said was muffled by my thoughts. What was I going to do with him? I couldn’t let him stalk me.