Telling Jasmine

Ryan’s POV:

 I gave Jasmines keys to Drake and he went to her car. I put Jasmine in my car and turned the keys. She was staring at me like I was a monster. “What?” I asked not wanting to push anything. “Nothing” she said and turned her head to look out the window. When I saw that gun to her head, I felt like I failed at protecting her. I felt like I was about to lose another important person. But good thing Drake threw a bottle at Deecan’s head. I don’t know what would happen if he didn’t. I started the car and drove with sister in awkward silence. I saw my gang following close behind me in their cars, some followed me and other went home.  When we got to my house Jasmine was sleeping.

  I turned the car off, got out, and went to the other side to carry Jasmine. When I opened her door she had woken up. “Sorry Jazz…” I muttered softly. I felt bad that she was in the middle of that. She looked at me for a second then got and leaned into my shoulder. I was surprised by her, she should be mad at me. But she has no expression. I closed her door and pressed a button to lock my car. As I was walking my gang followed close behind, Jasmine had her head still on my shoulder. When we got to the door I dug in my pockets to find my keys but couldn’t find them. “Jasm-”   I was cut off by Jasmine “I got it…” she opened the door and we all silently walked inside. I made my way to the kitchen with Jasmine.

    We all stayed in silence when Jasmine started speaking. “Ok, Can someone please  tell me what happened back there. Why the hell do you have a gun?!?  Are you a serial killer or something?!?” she muttered the last part but I heard perfectly..  I looked at her in awe, she never screamed at me like that before. My gang started laughing at Jasmine and me. “Don't laugh at me” Jasmine said quite harshly which made everyone shut up. They all looked scared as hell at Jasmine. I chuckled slightly.  “Well, I'll start from the beginning.” I said calmly leading her to the dining room.

      I started sitting down and my gang did too.  “Ok first of all…I’m in a gang Jazz.” I started. She was about to say something but I cut her off “When I was 15 I was insinuated into the gang I’m with now called the Riots.”  I didn’t think of the name by the way.  “I was a good fighter back then and I’m a better one right now. So the leader took me into the gang and I trained with him for a good 6 months. I learned pretty fast and I was second in command  really fast. But people had it out for me since I just got in the gang and I was second command really fast.” I said

   “None of us cared though; your brother is a skilled guy.” Drake said, I nodded approvingly.  “I didn’t want to be in the gang for long just for a little and the leader understood my reasons. But that all changed. One day I got a note from a anonymous person saying ‘If you quit the Riots then you’re your family is unprotected.’ I took it as nothing at first and I thought someone was messing with me. But that wasn’t the case.” I said harshly. “When I went to the gang leader to get out of the gang I got a phone call from mom and dad.” I looked at Jasmine as tears were spilling from her eyes.  “They said that someone was holding up the bus and being held hostage. They called to say ‘I love you and goodbyes.’ They also told me to protect you from anything Jasmine and to make sure you were always safe and well fed and cared for. They said ‘Ryan, take care of your sister, you and her may not be close anymore but your family. Family is everything and don’t let no one take Jasmine away. No matter what happens, your father and I love you both so much. You two are the greatest miracles we could ask for. We love you guys and Happy Birthday Ryan’. Last thing I knew…I heard a gunshot, bus crashing  and it exploded.” I said letting my eyes water from the memory. I looked at Jasmine to see her bawling her eyes out.

      “Why are you still in the gang then?!?” she yelled at me. “To protect you Jazz…” I said softly. “From what?!? You’re barely here as it is! You can’t say you’re protecting me when you’re not! So what is there to protect me from Ryan?!” she asked. “From my enemies Jasmine! You’re the only one I have left!  And I’m not letting you get hurt because of me.” I said looking at her. “I can protect myself Ryan!” she screamed at me.  I got up from my chair and moved to her “Oh really?!? Because I could so see that when there was a gun to your head JASMINE! Deecan could have killed you if I wasn’t there!” I yelled slamming my fist down on the table. She looked at me with a scared expression and started crying putting her hands on her face. My expression softened a bit. I looked up at my gang and nodded. They all left the room and went into the living room.  I understood why she was upset at me and I felt like a doushe but I don't have a chocie.