3. Chapter 12.

• Dedicated to @LovesKimXi @Jandeewu @KIMXIisHART @aaKimmyFierce

"Find someone who will change your life, not just your relationship status."

“Ansaveh ng bulaklak?!” Peter exclaimed when he stumbled upon a dozen of pink tulips sitting on Drei’s desk. Drei just grimaced at him. Then he saw the card that was attached to it. Curious, he grabbed and read it aloud. Smiling now, she recited the same words inside her mind along with Peter. Almost three hours have past but she still felt tingly all over as she heard those words again. 

“You still take my breath away… Happy sixty amazing days and counting, bubba!”

Today was the 24th of May and it’s their second monthsarry. Monthsarry, she thought to herself again. They’re celebrating their monthsarry! Sixty beautiful days and counting. Even up to now, she still found it hard to believe. Then Peter tore his gaze away from the card and glanced over at Drei who was now smiling like an idiot while she was typing something on her computer. He narrowed his eyes on her.

“Take my breath away… Take my breath away... asus eh halata naman that you guys take each other’s breath away! Look at you! You’re glowing like a firefly in broad daylight!” He regarded the love smitten look on his friend’s face. “So totoo pala ang chismis, Andrea na talagang magjowa na kayo ni Alex...”

“Naku Peter! Di pa ba sapat ang pagchange status nilang dalawa sa Facebook?” Rachel countered. “Sila na talaga! Maliwanag pa sa sikat ng araw… Alex Lizares… In a relationship with Drei Buenaventura… March 24…”

They took Facebook by storm. The change in their relationship status brought about almost 250 likes and almost 150 comments from their friends. And not to mention their first picture as a couple that Alex posted brought about a dozen comments flooding their news feed.  Their first picture spoke a thousand words. Drei was smiling sweetly while Alex was hugging her from behind, his chin resting on her shoulder while he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah tapos yung picture nila halatang ano…” Peter wagged his eyebrows. “Halatang katatapos lang chumurva!”  He roared with laughter and Drei smacked his arm. “Ayaw mo pa aminin, Drei eh! Pamatay pa naman ang caption… 24.”

“Kayo talaga! Napaka ninyo!” Drei scolded them. Peter and Rachel just made a face at her. “Mga chismosa!”

“Di naman kami chismosa ah! Ang sweet lang kasi, Drei…” Rachel giggled. “Parang teleseryeng sinubaybayan ko ang lovestory ninyo ni Greek god Alexander ha…”

“So mars, 24 times ba?” Peter teased. “I could imagine how explosive it was! Isang taon ba naman niyong hinintay yun!”

“Green minded freak!” she snorted at him, sending another smack at his arm. The memory of how interesting her morning started suddenly crossed her mind. Alex woke her up with his kisses and they later on ended up making love. The thought made her blush.

“Mukhang may pasabog nga kaninang umaga ah!” Peter declared, noticing the pink stains in Drei’s cheeks. She just rolled her eyes at them. “Totoo na ba yan talaga?”

“We’re taking things slow,” she smiled dreamily at them. “One day at a time lang muna…”

***

The weekend they’ve spent in Pico De Loro turned out to be meaningful for the both of them. Everything that happened there was unexpected. But finally, things between them were all clear and official.