Something new and homosexual

A/N: It's been four years and this thing is still receiving praise for whatever reason so here! Another chapter. Hallelujah.

-

Alfred is obsessed with modern day cartoons on Cartoon Network, Specifically Steven Universe. A kid's show that teaches pacifism, friendship is magic, and the love between agender lesbian space rocks. Oh what a time to be alive! spending it with the love of your life on one hand and the TV remote in the other, a true moment of silent bliss, excluding the white noise of Alfred's 'Steven Universe' playlist going off in the background. Regardless, he can't help but feel as if something's missing. . .

"Alfred, what the hell do you think you're doing?" A particularly bitchy British accent pulled Alfred out of his trance of temporary serenity. Arthur stomped on forward into the living room, a pissed off scowl on his face evident. His hand trembles in attempts to not crush the handle off his mug of hot chocolate.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb you oblivious imbecile!" Arthur's eyes were glistening with repressed, angry tears. Alfred already knew that battle was futile with how the Brit's tear dams inevitably broke within a matter of minutes. Great, Alfred knew that he must prepare for the impending argument that will be ensued. He sighs. "Arthur, are you crying?" 

The blond stands in place with a slight tremble of his hands, still holding back his tears. Arthur's cheeks were becoming  flustered by the breath he seemed to be holding.

"Arthur, babe." Alfred's brows furrowed in worry towards the blond when his attempts in getting a response failed. Alfred was quick to sit up from his seat on the couch and rushed to Arthur's aid. The idiot is holding his breath.

Frantically shaking Arthur's shoulders, Alfred widens his eyes in horror as he realizes that Arthur's face has achieved a more purpleish color. That's no good and it only serves to freak Alfred out even more. Alfred leans into Arthur's face, cupping his cheeks, and raising his voice loud enough to pierce through the ears of a deaf man. "Jesus fucking christ, Arthur, BREATH!" 

and with a drawn out, overly dramatic heave, Arthur allows himself to exhale. Feeling light-headed but okay nonetheless. Alfred however was annoyed by the ordeal, his concern long gone by the time he managed to convince his boyfriend into not suffocating himself.

Wait, did he just refer to Arthur as his boyfriend? Friend! Friends with benefits!... fuck buddies?

Arthur's sniffling snapped Alfred back into reality. The tears on the Brit's face dampening the sleeve of his button up shirt as he tries to console himself. Arthur backs away when he notices Alfred lift a comforting hand to the side of his face. He looked like all he wanted to do was hide away. It was hard to do with just one hand while the other was occupied in holding a mug of lukewarm chocolate. "Arthur," Alfred began.

"No. Don't touch me. You're clearly interested in another individual that isn't myself on our supposed special night alone." Despite the water works, Arthur's voice held a frightening amount of venom. If he were to be approached the wrong way, he will bite and not in the fun way, mind you. Unfortunately for Alfred, Arthur isn't the type to communicate... nor was Alfred. they're both hopeless.

"Arthur," The american started again, this time with a voice more stern while keeping his distance from the Brit who's eyes pierced through his very soul as he spoke, Daring him to say anything remotely stupid or belittling. "We've talked about this. Our little situation as of right now?" Alfred motioned at the two of them with his pointer finger. "This ain't a sure thing. I'm romantically interested in the both you and dating each other simultaneously was a consensual thing we've discussed between—"