chapter 33

Finn gets home from the station and he plops down on the sofa kicking off his shoes. He runs his fingers though his hair and squints in pain he looks down at the cut on the palm of his hand and he rolls his eyes. As he was putting out the fire a piece of metal from the car cut his hand open he needed stitches but it wasn't too bad.

Rachel walks down the stairs and sees her husband covered in smoke smudges and is tired from his long shift at the station. She walks over to him and wraps her arms around him from behind the sofa. Finn closes his eyes and relaxes as Rachel kisses his neck. She looks at his hand and holds up his palm to her face.

"Shit Rachel ow.."Finn grunts in pain.

"You got hurt again."She pouts.

"Wasn't too bad just needed 3 stitches just don't pull my hand."Finn lifts her up and brings her on his lap.

"Are you still mad about earlier.."Rachel asked not really wanting to argue with him since she knew how tired Finn must be.

"I'm not Mad.."Finn tries to reason with her.

"Yes you are I can see in in your eyes..Babe let me explain okay.."Rachel says

"You don't have to, Rachel Im not mad you missed a lunch date that's okay it's not a crime."Finn smiles he cups her cheek then cringes as his hand still hurts.

"I know but I've never in the entire time we have been together missed out on a date."Rachel pouts Finn can't help but laugh.

"Technically...you missed our first wedding day."Finn jokes Rachel glares at him and shoves him Finn laughs and pulls her onto his lap as he kisses her lips.

"Im not even Mad Babe let it go..okay? We're good I swear."Finn tickles her Rachel giggles and kisses his nose as she wipes the smoke marks off of his forehead.

"Im going to go shower and go to bed. See you in a few minutes okay?"Finn nods Rachel kisses his lips and bites her bottom lip watching as Finn walks away.

"One little lie won't hurt us...Let's just forget about it."Rachel says to herself.

The next day Rachel is getting ready for her rehearsal with Craig and Finn is sitting at the coffee table arranging the plate for them for breakfast.

"Hey Baby."Finn smiles charmingly Rachel walks over to kiss him and looks at the food.

"Wow you did all of this?"Rachel questions. Finn shrugs

"I knew you would be hungry so eat."Finn pulls out her seat and hands her the tofu and vegetable plate he made just for her.

"You're getting better and better at this whole cooking thing."Rachel compliments him Finn chuckles

"Only for you, so I have the entire day off thanks to that rusty car piece, SO what should we do today? Go down to the pier? Have lunch on a boat."Finn smiles Rachel frowns

"I can't I have to learn the dance steps with Craig today at the dance studio."Rachel says

"Oh...Maybe I'll come Visit then Julian can show me around."Finn says

"That sounds lovely, come on let's finish this up its delicious."Rachel feeds him a piece of Cucumber. Finn nods

"I am an excellent cook."Finn says pecking Rachel on the lips.

Finn and Rachel go down to the Dance Studio Craig stands up as he sees the young couple walking inside hand in hand.

"I'll see you later?"Finn says Rachel nods and kisses his lips

"Love you."Rachel whispers..

"HUDSON!"Julian calls out Finn turns around and smiles shaking his friend's hand.