Playing Puppet

By the end of this, I do expect most of you to plot my death. Lol.

________________________________________________________________________________

Tap. Tap.

Padma and her family left Australia a month ago and Pavarti is starting to get worried. It's been a few weeks since she has talked to her sister and she's been questioning her brother-in-law since.

Tap. Tap.

It's just another favor, another that I will greatly appreciate. I just need the background check for the bloke, some kind of information that will settle my wife down and convince her that her sister is in good hands.

Tap. Tap.

Things have been strange in Australia, mate. People are disappearing, and the Wizarding community can sense it. My sister-in-law had remained close with one of her fellow Ravenclaws, Marietta Edgecomb. Remember her? She was the girl who gave Umbridge the information about the D.A.

Tap. Tap.

She was married to a bloke in Durmstrang, a distant cousin to Crabbe that lived in that region. Anyway, she disappeared once her husband died in a hit-and-run, as the muggles call it down here. Pavarti is convinced that something that Marietta said to Padma caused her to flee with her family.

Tap. Sigh. Tap.

My bet is that Padma and her family are safe, and I'm trying to convince my wife that we are too. Look, mate, I just need the reassurance. Please find me the background without anyone from the Ministry finding out, I rather everything be kept a secret. If the Ministry gets involved, things will spiral out of control…

The rest of the letter was left unread as silver eyes looked away from the parchment, forgetting about the farewell of Gregory Goyle's plead for another hushed up favor. "Why are you here?" Draco Malfoy asked the several pairs of eyes staring at him, especially at the person that was tapping their finger on his desk.

"I...I just wanted to run something by you, Malfoy."

"And I got a few papers you need to sign," Ron Weasley said after the Head Auror, both of them looking uncomfortable at their fellow coworker. "What are you doing here, Zabini?" He asked, taking the attention away from him to the man sitting beside him.

Blaise tapped his finger one more time, sighing as he tossed his back lazily on the leather chair. "I'm just bored." He shrugged. "That tends to happen when you make millions of galleons by just waking up every day, you know? My company practically runs itself, and I decided to step out for a bit of entertainment."

"Do you get a kick of watching Malfoy read his personal mail? If so, all that glamorous life you say you live sounds especially dull right now, and I would hate to be you," Ron said.

"Anyway,” the Head Auror cleared his throat, not wanting to hear the response that Zabini would’ve come up to Ron's retort. "The fire that happened at the Burrow, I need an Auror to go down and visit the site. I need all the analysis that makes it back from the evidence that was left behind to be accurate and in depth."

"Why haven't you chosen one, then, sir?" Draco smirked, crossing his arms after he stuffed Goyle's letter into the bottom drawer of his desk. "Need my permission?"

Harry frowned at the sarcasm coming from his Auror. "You've trained the Aurors that specialize in fires, Malfoy. Only you know which one of them is capable of handling the situation, someone who will go deeper into the ashes to actually find something. If I wanted someone to tell me that a gnome started the odd fire, or that maybe there was a combustion in the atmosphere, I would let Teddy handle the situation."