part ii

My eyes were slowly closing when I saw a blurry sign in the distance. I squeezed them shut for a second, hoping to clear them. When I opened them again I barely make out the worn down Motel 6. I guess that would have to do. I wasn't exactly planning on staying at a five star resort when I was packing. I put on my turn signal and slowly drove into the gravelly parking lot. Turning off the engine, I opened my door and stepped out. 

Ten minutes later I was heaving my tiny suitcase out fo my car with a grunt and rolling it to my room. Halfway there I head a small cough and nearly dropped my keys. I swung my head to the left and saw a man standing in the shadows, a lit cigarette dangling from his lips. I couldn't make out much, but he looked to be in his early twenties. Stepping out of the shadow of his doorway, he coughed again.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you," the stranger said in a low, rough voice. I was finally able to see his features as the overhead light shown down on his face. He was enchanting. Everything about him was delicate. From his sharp jawline to the shadow of his long eyelashes. I was amazed. Amazed that someone could possess so much beauty. 

He stepped closer to me, and the light above us shone on his face. He towered over me, which said something considering I was well over 5' 8. 

He opened his mouth to say something more but before anything could pass by his lips, I stuttered, "Oh uh, yeah no it's fine."

He smiled, showing off his straight teeth. He opened his mouth to talk again before getting interrupted by the honk of a car behind us. I jumped again. He chuckled lightly, and started towards the car. 

"I guess I'll see you around," he said, looking over his shoulder and waving slightly.

"Bye," I said, almost silently. 

I stared after him for a second longer, mentally cussing myself out for acting so stupid. I turned to unlock my door, and stumbled around blindly for a second before finding the light switch. It certainly wasn't a five star hotel, but it was somewhere to sleep for the night. I quickly rinsed my face before tugging my jeans off and getting into bed. I struggled with the sheets for a second before giving up and reaching out to turn off the lamp beside my bed. I fell asleep wishing what the man earlier had said would be true; I wanted to see him again.

I woke up with a start to a loud buzzing noise. I looked around, confused, for a couple seconds before my eyes finally focused on the cellphone buzzing on the table. I rolled out from all the covers and stumbled my way over. Squinting, I tried to read the name on the screen, and felt my heart stop for a second when I realize who it was. My parents. Suddenly I started wondering if any of this was worth it. Was all this really worth it? Was I just acting childish?

But then I remembered everything that had happened and strengthened my resolve. I quickly rejected the call, staring at the phone for a second longer before grabbing my toilettries and heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower and then figure out what I was going to do and head back out.

After figuring out how to work the shower, I stepped in and let the water calm my nerves. I took my time washing and shampooing my hair before stepping out and reaching for a towel and wrapping it around my body.

Walking over to check my phone, I noticed a couple more calls from my mom. I sighed before putting the phone down and started rifling through my luggage, looking for something to wear. I chose a simple black tee and my ripped jeans.

Once I knew for sure that I had everything I needed, I started wheeling my luggage out towards my car. I rounded the corner and let out a shocked shriek when I felt something cold run down my shirt. The man in front of me stood gaping, holding a silver pale half filled with ice. It took me a second to recognize him as the man from yesterday.

Before I could even open my mouth, he was apologizing repeatedly. My eyes bulged as started trying to wipe the front of my shirt while stammering out more apologies. I quickly moved my hands on top of his to stop their movement. He looked up at me, his mouth slightly agape and quickly dropped his hands. 

"It's okay." I said a little hesitantly, "At least I wasn't wearing a white shirt."

"I'm not sure I agree with you on that," he said as he chuckled slightly at my lame attempt at a joke.

I felt my face burn and before I could retaliate, he held out his hand and spoke, "I'm Ky."

I eyed his hand for a second before placing my smaller one in his grasp. 

"Rose," I told him.

hi okay so its august fourth rn and I'm thinking of making this a short story? I don't know I just think I'd be more likely to finish this if it were that way. also thank you guys for your support! It means so much that you're enjoying this story.