Window Pain- Story of the Lost Child

"Maddie! STOP!!" My panicked voice shouted throughout the field.

 "Maddie, this isn't funny! WHERE ARE YOU MADDIE?"

I shout one more time,with hope that she's just playing a game "Madeline Hart..you get out here now!"

This was when I started getting worried. I ran as fast as I could to Madeline's house. I knocked on the door, her mom answered. I don't even give her a chance to greet me. " Where is Madeline? WHERE IS SHE? IS SHE HOME?" 

"What do you mean sweetie? She went to school this morning, that was the last time I saw her." 

"Madeline, was called out after recess, she didn't come back after lunch. I haven't seen her..Mrs. Hart, I'm scared..." 

Her moms face, which was smiling, sank down to a worried frown, she embraced me, I could tell that she was worried. She calls our friend Ella, who is also her best friend. 

"Ella dear, did you see Madeline today?"

Ella denys that statment in an instant .  Her mom has a very scared look on her face, she pushes me out the door and slams it. I wait for a few minutes. I over hear her talking to someone. Then it goes quiet, so I walk home.

The next day comes, I haven't heard from Maddie, or her mom. I ask my mom if I can go over to maddie's house, she says no, and quickly changes the subject. I ask her why, and she tells me Don't worry about it, go get ready for school. So I do. 

Mom yells up the stairs, "LILY GREY YOU COME STRAIT HOME AFTER SCHOOL TODAY. DO NOT GO VISIT ANYONE. YOU HEAR ME?" 

"But why?" I answer, in my usual, whiny voice when she says I can't do something.

I go to the field to play everyday though, I have since I was like, 4. I didn't understand why I can't go. I go off to school, Madelines not there. Somethings up.  Then, I go home, just like I was supposed to. Though, I don't know why I had to. Madeline doesn't show up for school the next day. I've come to the conclusion, the zombies ate her. My mom says that's a childish thing to think about such a serious topic. Like I even know what that means.