8- A Lost Bet

“Wakey, wakey, Lanie,” Somebody cooed in my ear.

I groaned tiredly and swatted lazily at the sound and effectively nudged the side of somebody’s head. Confident that I shut up whoever it was, I turned over in the bed and began to drift off to sleepy land again.

“Nope,” The rude voice chirped. “You really have to get up now.”

“No,” I groaned.

“You don’t have a choice,” The voice laughed. “Because it’s time for you to go get me breakfast and I’m hungry.”

“Get it yourself,” I mumbled into my pillow.

“Not today, sweetie,” He laughed again, and I was beginning to recognize that voice as Logan’s. And he seemed very happy about something. That’s when I remembered the tragic bet that we’d lost, and I was now Logan’s servant (in the most innocent sense of the word) for the day. “And for every minute you keep me waiting, I’ll make you… um, do ten push-ups, so you better get going.”

I groaned, sent him the bird, and then stood up from the bed that I had shared with… well, I don’t know who slept in that bed with me since I fell asleep alone and I when I woke up just then, nobody was there in it either. I looked out the window and saw that we were in front of an iHop that was really busy, since it was a weekend morning.

“I want some chocolate chip pancakes, French toast without any whipped cream, and a black coffee,” Logan informed me.

“I’m going to kill you,” I informed him with an unamused glare.

He grinned at me and then patted my shoulder. “You’ll have to wait 24 hours for that, love.”

I stuck my tongue out at him because that was the only thing that I could think to do, and then I started heading for the back of the bus to get dressed so that I could join all of the other girls on this dumb breakfast run.

“Whoa, where are you going?” Logan wondered quickly.

“I’m going to get dressed…” I muttered slowly in confusion.

He smirked immediately, which made me kind of nervous. “No, you have to go in what you’re wearing.”

I looked down and then immediately blushed, because I was only wearing some basketball shorts that were actually kind of short and a tank top. Clearly, it was his intention to make me look incredibly ridiculous in front of everyone in the busy restaurant and looking around at Erin and Baker, I could tell that both Ross and Gaige were just as ruthless, but the other three guys had souls and let Sydney, Rosa, and Grace got dressed to look presentable in the restaurant.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my wallet and then slipped flip flops onto my feet as I, and all of the other girls, started walking through the bus to the front door. When I passed Turner, he started snickering, so I stomped on his toe, which made him let out a weird squeak sound, and I laughed a little bit because at least I didn’t have to listen to all of them- just one. Even though Logan is playing this up as harshly as he could, I could still be angry and mean to the five other guys on the bus.

“Lanie,” Logan called from behind me. I groaned and then turned around to look at him for whatever he was going to tell me this time. “Be nice to my friends. Apologize.”

I sighed loudly and looked down at Turner, who was smirking up at me, awaiting my painful apology. “Turner, I am so deeply sorry.”

“I’ll find it in my heart to forgive you, Lanie,” He grinned, biting his bottom lip so that he didn’t actually laugh. As I exited the bus, I was already plotting five hundred ways to commit murder and get away with it.