Chapter 6

29 years ago

Corey's eyes fluttered open. Everything was blurry at first but it slowly came into focus as she rubbed her eyes. Nothing around her looked familiar. Then she remembered what happened. That person was the one her father had warned her about.

"Finally, you're awake?"a voice said from behind her. The voice belonged to the same person that kidnapped her.

"What do you want?" She hissed as she whipped her head around. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at the person the voice belonged to. Sure she saw him the night before but it had been too dark to see his features. It was a boy he must have been a year or two older than her. His bright green eyes shone in the light. She hadn't been around someone her own age in years. He looked nice. His eyes seemed warm and inviting. Was she even sure this was the boy her father had warned her about? She snapped herself out of it. This is the person her father had warned her about. This was Pan.

"I just wanted to know why you and your father are in Neverland?" He said as he put his hand out to help her up but, Corey ignored it. She didn't need his help. She wasn't just some helpless little girl,

"Why do you want to know?" Corey asked. She had a suspicious feeling in her gut. Although it didn't seem it, he was dangerous and she didn't trust him. She had to make sure her guard was up but, she needed to make it appear as though she let her guard down.

"It's not everyday that new people come to Neverland." He said.

"I'm not sure why we are here. But, my father, the captain, has a reason." Corey answered. Peter was asking her a question and now it was her turn to ask one. "And Why don't people grow old here?"

"The island is full of magic that helps keep everyone here young. I've been this young for one hundred years." Corey nodded. Peter motioned for Corey to follow him. She and Peter walked along the path through the forrest for a while before they came to the beach. Corey took a deep breathe. It felt so nice to have the salty air fill her lungs. She untied her boots and ran to the water. She felt the sand go in between her toes as she ran. Then stood at the waters edge and let the clear blue water lap against her toes but, she kept her senses alert. She listened carefully. She could hear Peter blowing into something. Out of the corner of her eye she saw that Peter was playing a pipe back up by where the Forrest met the beach. She turned her head back toward the water. Peter continued to play but, Corey didn't hear anything. He turned around to look at Felix who was hidden in the brush behind him.

"How come she doesn't hear it?" Felix asked.

"I don't know. It doesn't make sense.....her mother died. She lost someone. She should be able to hear it." Peter said as he turned back around and played the pipe once again. Corey turned around and pretended to have just noticed Peter playing the pipe.

"That's a shame it's broken." Corey called across the sand. She remembered the tales her father had told her about the pipe. She walked back up towards Peter.

"Corey, didn't your mother die?" Peter asked. A look of surprise crossed her face before it became a cold stare. She slowly started to circle Peter.

"How do you know so much about me? It seems as though you know everything." She asked with an icy tone in her voice. Peter watched her intently. She was unlike any other girl who had come to Neverland before. Most girls had thrown themselves at him. All except two..... Wendy and now Corey. Then Suddenly Corey reached in the brush and yanked Felix out by the hood of his cloak.

"I know everything." Peter answered. Corey smirked.

"If you knew. Everything. You would know that just because someone died it doesn't mean that they are gone. My mother is with me every second of everyday. That's why I don't hear the pipe." Corey said. Then before Peter even realized what had happened She had Him by his hair with her sword at his throat. "Now bring me back to my ship." She hissed.