Chapter 31: The Truth

Joji's pov: It's been a couple days since we left Australia and Fiona has been working really hard on her schoolwork, "Fiona don't overwork yourself ok." I told her while putting her hot chocolate on the coffee table and she nodded. Fiona tried to grab the cup but missed it only to grab it on her third try while I was on my laptop,  I looked at Fiona and she was taking a break from her work and I realized that I became attached to her even though I only adopted her as a cheap way to get a child actor and I shook my head realizing how stupid I was. Fiona went back to work two minutes later and I decided to go in our room and relax for a bit while she kept working.

Fiona's pov: once Joji left I decided to pause on my work and just take a drink from my cup, I looked for it when I noticed some sort of paper on the table so I grabbed it and flipped it over thinking it was my scratch paper I used for math. I held it close to my face and read it "The Official Guardian of Fiona Miller." Is all I could understand when a question came to my mind "Why did Joji even adopt?.."  I couldn't help myself so I walked into our room and saw Joji on his bed. "George can I ask you something?" I said sitting on my bed and he looked at me expecting me to ask "Well um why did you even adopt I mean you don't seem like the kind of person to do that.." I said shyly and he looked at me reluctantly and started to explain himself.

Joji's pov: I explained why I actually adopted Fiona and she looked up at me shaking her head, "So you got me for the views and if you didn't get attached then what were you gonna do George huh?" She asked with a raised tone and I instantly with regret and I said "I was obviously going to let you stay Fiona I'm not that much of a dick.." and Fiona looked at me with tears welling in her eyes only to walk over to me and hugged me until she felt better.