Chapter Thirteen

She arrived at home about six weeks later, leaving only three weeks left in the summer. The first thing she did after arriving at home and unpacking was walk to Ly's house. She took it as a responsibility to check on him.

She walked up the steps of his porch and knocked on the door, waiting a few minutes before a girl opened the door. She was older than Cass and had mid-back length black hair, her facial structure was slim and so was her figure.

"Who are you?" She spoke roughly, her question sounded like a command not a question.
"Cassie Norab, I'm here for Ly." She responded.
"I'll go get him." The girl walked out of the doorway and walked back to it with Ly near her side.

Ly looked kind of surprised but not too surprised as he walked out onto the porch, shutting the door behind him.
"Wh-at a-re y-ou do-ing he-re?" He asked, he kept glancing back at the door and scratching at the back of his hands as a habit of nervousness.

"I'm here to check on you, you wanna take a walk and catch up on what I missed?" She smiled and he nodded slowly. She walked beside him down the street, he kept his hands in his pockets and his head down and she spoke about her vacation.

"So enough about me, anything happen to you?" She asked, he shook his head, but paused.

"O-ne th-ing." He said. She tilted her head out of curiosity.

He stopped walking and looked at her coldly, his tone and expression emotionless.

"We can't be friends." He spoke so swiftly and smoothly, not a hint of apraxia in his speech. She was shocked and stopped to look at him. "You aren't serious r-right?" She asked, he looked a little regretful but he turned his back on her "Leave me alo-ne." He started walking away, leaving her alone in the middle of the sidewalk.

"but...." She quietly spoke but it was too late, he was already out of sight.

(Short chapter I know but I've been pretty busy so I'll try getting more in next chapter.)