Chapter 2

Ok, chapter 2 is done! Took a little while for me to get something down, sorry if it's slow you just need to learn more of Mora's story then it will get better...here's a hint it's something painful...lol ok enjoy!

I didn’t want to wake up that morning but I eventually did after June smacked me a few times. It kind of hurt, I’ll get over it though. I put on our uniform, I wore the purple and yellow cardigan in which is the school colors. The skirt was black and we wore purple knee socks. June told me we are the purple martin’s like the bird, our mascot is a guy dressed in a purple martin costume and his name is Martin, how ironic. When we have games everyone screams ‘Tee-tee-tee’ that is supposedly the noise the bird makes. 

“You ready sleeping beauty?” she asked jokingly. “Yeah, I’m coming,” I sighed wishing I could sleep more. We walked down to the dining hall and then June began a search for Jasper. We sat down at a circle table and waited for him there. “Jasper!” June yelled once he came into view looking confused. “Oh!” he walked over fast pace. “Hey, who are you rooming with?” she asked. “Martin Van Zandt, biggest asshole in the world no one else wanted to room with him!” he rolled his eyes. “Just like his mother!” she sighed disgusted. 

June began to giggle wildly as Mr.Brooks entered the room. “June don’t be stupid,” I sighed. “Oh, he’s so hot, I wonder if he has abs?” she exclaimed. “If he did it’d be none of our business!” I growled at her. Jasper laughed, “she’s go a point there june!”

“Oh shut up!” she spat at him maliciously. “Is he walking towards us?” I asked them. “You know I think so,” Jasper said looking this way. “Maybe he noticed his burning love for me!” June exploded getting excited. Jasper and I just stared at her like she was messed up in which she is. “Hello!” Mr.Brooks charming voice flowed in our ears smooth as silk. “Hi,” I smiled not showing my teeth. “Howdy partner!” Jasper smiled largely. I looked at him confused as June began to erupt in giggles. “Howdy, Jasper,” he rolled his eyes and caught June dreamily staring at him. He looked a bit scared. “Miss Sumpter, may I borrow you!” He looked down at me. 

“Of course!” I smiled politely getting up. “Follow me,” he walked in front of me and led me to his office. “I’m very sorry to have to bother you now, Miss Sumpter, it is quite important that I tell you that your foster mother sent me a letter that they are no longer your foster parents and you cannot go home for the holidays, also there is no other foster parent so you as of now are on your own,” he looked gravely at me. “May I see the letter?” I asked putting my hand out. “You may not,” he leaned into his leather chair. “And why is that?” I spat at him. 

“It is confidential,” he answered simply. “And why is that?” I asked again outraged. “I think you like asking the same questions and getting the same answers, don’t you?” he asked cocking his head. “Oh you shut up!” I  pounced up annoyed. “Miss Sumpter, I am very sorry about this alright, but all I need is to get fired now,” he sighed his unique blue eyes burning holes in my boring brown ones. “I’m sorry, sir, I just,” I stopped not knowing what to say. “I understand,” he shook his head. “How?” I asked. “Well my parent’s died when I was four in a car accident, which I just barely survived. It hurts to be the kid that can only talk about their foster parents and know that their real parent’s are far away where you can’t even talk to them,” he looked at me empathetically. 

“I know,” I said feeling tears arise. “You don’t have to talk about it, Miss Sumpter, I don’t want you crying people will get the wrong idea,” he grinned politely. “A-alright, maybe another time then?” I asked backing towards the door. “Of course, I’m always here!” he nodded his head good bye. I left feeling embarrassed for some reason even though I really had no reason to, unless I do?  “There you are, Mora!” June shot out of her seat. “Yeah hi,” I said a bit scared of the big smile on her face. “What did you talk about?” she giggled. “He had to ask me a private question,” I was still a little weirded out. 

“About what?” she asked excited. “Like I said it’s private,” I smiled at her. “Fine, whatever,” she rolled her eyes and took out her schedule. “First period with the Bird, God thats horrible!” she growled.  “I have Mrs.Fischer,” I wondered who she was. “Thats Mrs.Fischer over there,” he pointed to a tall ugly lady with greasy hair and glasses with a big mole on her left cheek, “she’s evil and I have her too so we can hang out.” 

“Yeah!” I smiled blushing a bit. June winked at me. He smiled at me sweetly. “So are you going to show me where it is?” I asked in a giggle. “Yeah sure!” he got up and showed me the way. “So what subject is this again?” I asked in a flirty voice. “This is math,” he opened the door to a room almost filled with everyone, I also asked him why he said Howdy to Mr.Brooks and he happens to be his uncle. Mrs.Fischer began on math immediately not even sparing a hello to us. I flirted with him a lot asking him questions and evereything. He was sweet. “Ms.-uh you,” she pointed to me, I do not tolerate talking in my class detention!” 

“I was just asking him a question!” I fought back. “Report to Mr.Brooks’ office,” she spat at me, handing me a purple detention slip. I knocked on his office door. “Come in!” his voice erupted through the door. I opened it to see June sitting there as well. “Hey, Mora!” she waved huge smile on her face. “Hi,” I waved. “Now girls, there is no time for socializing, sit down Miss Sumpter,” he pointed to the chair next to June. First he finished with June who had gotten in trouble because she was chewing gum. I giggled a bit but then Mr.Brooks eyed me so I immediately stopped. “Now June you know it’s a rule not to chew gum in school, but such a little thing I will let go for today but other times there will be a punishment, am I clear?” he asked raising an eyebrow. “Yes sir!” she exclaimed sweetly and ran out of the room. 

“Miss Sumpter, what gives me such an honor to be in your presence?” he asked sarcastically. “I got in trouble for talking sir,” I sighed annoyed. “Whom were you talking to?” he grinned a bit. “Your nephew,” I said blandly wishing I was there instead of here. “Ah, so you like Jasper?” he asked writing something with a fancy fountain pen. “Yeah, he’s nice,” I smirked a bit. He looked up from the paper his eyebrows raised, the look worked for him unlike Mr.Bird. “Well thats just- well just, I don’t know,” he leaned back into his chair flustered. “Is there a problem?” I asked confused. “No, no, of course not!” he said defensively. “So do I have detention?” I asked changing the subject noticing it was becoming too sensitive. “No, please leave!” he snapped now being rude. “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“How dare you speak to me like that!” he spat annoyed. “Well at least I’m not the one having mood swings!” I stood and madly left the room. Someone awoke on the wrong side of the bed, most definitely!