Chapter Two

*********Written by Whiteangel********

I woke up in the dense underbrush of the serene forest. My head was hurting so much.. I winced as I got up, and I held my head tightly. "Don't hurt yourself," a voice cautioned gently. "Moon?" I replied, looking around for him. "No, I'm not Moon, my name is Ace," the voice said. I looked around cautiously. The voice laughed. I spun around and watched as the boy from the spring slowly emerged from the protective trees around the clearing.  

I immediately crouched down and growled under my breath, not enough so he could hear me, or so I thought. The boy laughed again, a clear, pure sound, much like a bell clinging. I straightened up in surprise. What kind of human could make such a beautiful sound? " Where's Moon?" I asked warily but defensively. "I don't know who Moon is, was he that black wolf that attacked me?" Ace asked thoughtfully. I held my tongue.

Moon suddenly jumped out of the bushes and landed at my side, slightly in front of me. Moon was a huge pitch black wolf that was my friend and companion. I didn't know how I could survive without him. The black wolf was taller than I was, and broader by no comparison. He growled at Ace. "Moon, what's wrong?" I asked him in my mind. "Ace is a vampire, Kat," He replied, looking at me with those soulful brown eyes. My eyes widened, and I looked from Ace to Moon. "But.." I whispered but trailed off when I saw Moon's look.

Ace was looking from Moon to me, a confused look on his face. I became defensive. "You should get out of here, Ace," I hissed. Ace looked at me, his blue eyes seemed to pierce through my soul. I squirmed helplessly from his gaze. His eyes softened, and he strolled up to me. When he reached me, he lifted up my chin and we gazed into each other's eyes. Then, he kissed me, right on the lips. My eyes widened and slowly closed.

I could feel the smile on his lips when he kissed me. I heard Moon growling from behind me. I jerked away from the kiss and looked at Moon. He was looking at Ace with hatred in his dark eyes. "Moon, let's get out of here," I said softly, glaring at Ace. He looked back at me evenly. I looked in his eyes and something sparkled, but it was gone as soon as it had appeared.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Why did he have to kiss you?" Moon growled as he padded by my side. I sighed and shrugged while looking around at the beautiful serenade that was the forest. I sighed again, "I don't know, Moon, but could you please stop talking about it?" Moon growled softly and perked up his ears. It was about noon, and we were looking for a river to wash up in. I looked up at the tree branches covering the sky. "But still," Moon grumbled. All of the sudden a shot rang out in the forest. Moon yelped and crouched down in pain. My eyes widened. "Moon! Are you okay?" I lowered myself quickly to check him over. There it was. A large gaping bullet hole.       

Moon was panting and he collapsed on the soft mossy earth. "Moon!" I screamed. Thick red blood was gushing out of the wound. I got up and ran faster than I ever had before. There it was. The river that got us in this mess. I pulled some moss from the tree with great difficulty and stuck it in the water. I let the water soak in impatiently and ran back to Moon. I reached Moon and covered the bullet hole gently. Moon yelped again, and I soothingly stroked his fur. His eyes shifted over to me and then closed slowly. My eyes went round in horror. "Moon! Don't go!" I screamed.

Moon's eyes popped open. "Stop screaming in my ear!" He mumbled. "Sorry," I said heat rushing to my cheeks. "You look beautiful blushing," Moon laughed weakly. He got up shakily but stood up determined not to fall. "Hey, take it easy," I whispered softly, knowing Moon would hear. Moon laughed and my mind wondered to the vampire boy. He had said his name was Ace. Weird name.