Chapter 8

*Ana's POV*

I should be mad.

I should hate him.

I should hate her.

But I can't.

Luke meant everything to me at some time. He was my world and I truly thought that I loved him. As time went by I realized that it was just another crush and we we're just to different to ever be fully happy together.

Let's be honest, our relationship was going nowhere. I tried denying it for so long. I tried convincing myself that we were meant for each other and I tried keeping up with our relationship.

Luke is wonderful, caring, sweet and loving. Any girl would be lucky to have him as a boyfriend.

I was that lucky girl.

In the new year Skye came to our school and joined our group. I'm happy she did, she is just a great friend overall. Over time I saw Skye and Luke getting along and have a lot more in common than me and him ever did but I chose to overlook it and pretended it wasn't like that.

These last few weeks I got to see Luke very little with all the tour stuff being arranged and it gave me some time to think. Just me and my thought, that's how I spent most of my nights until I realized breaking up was the best for both of us.

It wasn't an easy decision but it was unfortunately necessary.

I know Luke has strong feelings for Skye even if he's trying to deny or hide it. The way he is around her and looks at her, it's obvious to see he is head over heels I love with her. I can also see Skye feels the same about Luke.

All these thoughts made me do the inevitable, we can't be in this relationship any longer. It's not fair for anyone of us and I truly think Skye and Luke deserve each other.

Now that we broke up I finally feel at peace, knowing I made the right decision. Strange enough I don't think this breakup will affect our friendship. If Luke and Skye end up dating I'll even be happy for them, that is anyway one of the reasons I chose to end our relationship.

I go to bed feeling like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can now fully be myself and let go. Now I can find the guy that's meant for me.

*Luke's POV*

I don't know what to do now. I know me and Ana broke up and now I can finally try and get Skye but it just doesn't feel right, not yet anyway.

I know what Anastasia said about me and Skye but it's to soon and I'm still uncertain about Skye's feelings for me. Yes, Ana said she feels the same way, she can see it but Skye can act that way around any person not just me.

Skye might not even want to come near me if she hears about the breakup, I mean she and Ana are close friends. Maybe Skye will be mad at me for leaving Anastasia, even if we both decided it was better. She may accuse me and say that I should've fought harder and that I must try to fix things with Ana, but the truth is I don't want to try and fix my relationship with Ana. I still want her friendship but I want Skye's heart not Ana's.

I can't expect Skyler to date her, possibly best friend's, ex boyfriend. I know that's possibly way to much to ask for.

I think I should just stay single, the tour is coming up and then I won't be able to see any of them for about a year. Why complicate things even more, maybe after the tour I will be over my crush and then no friendship is at stake and Skye can get a guy she deserves.

Yep I think that's the best, for all of us.

*********

Thank you for reading :D

YOU ARE THE BEST!

There is not that much going on in this chapter so that's why it's so short. I'm sorry but the next one will be longer.

Carmen Xx