Ch. 5 I Possibly Die From Magikarp

I was unbelievably happy to be out of the care of the hotel manager. The guy himself was fine, it was the yak-your-mouth-off Shieldon that made it absolute torture.

I so I was relieved when I was placed back on the other side of the desk. Once finally put on the floor, I instinctively shook myself like a dog (are Eevee dogs? I could never figure that out). I stretched a little, then looked up and realized the man was still talking.

"Thank you so much for using our service. How was your night?" He asked.

"It was quite excellent, thank you. Certainly better than some nights I've had." They both began laughing for whatever reason.

It wasn't even that funny.

He leaned down next to me and smiled. "And how, might I ask, was your night?"

I looked him dead in the eyes with the strongest stare I could make. "Don't patronize me." I replied quietly.

He nodded slowly and stood up, obviously thrown off a little by my reaction. "Well, thank you greatly, but I believe we'll be going."

"Of course, sir. Oh, that reminds me. I believe your Pokemon should be alright, but you really should get your Vaporeon into some water. It would be good for it. Anyway. I hope your trip goes well!"

"Thank you! I suppose that's what we'll do!" Ed replied.

I will admit, I felt very invigorated, and was more than ready to continue the journey. We headed out of the hotel and moved up past the restaurant. We were back on the road, and after everything that had happened, the grass was a welcome sight. I kinda smiled as we walked up the road. As we turned to enter the lake, I spoke up, "So I guess after we go here, we might as well head south to Pastoria and around."

"Yes, that would seem the smartest choice." Ed agreed. "So it's decided then!!" He boomed.

I winced and covered my sensitive ears. "Okay, if you want us to even sort of be friends, you can't do that."

He sighed.

We walked in and headed for a nice shore to stop at. As we did, I noticed what looked like two guys on another side of the lake, one who was piling all his Pokemon onto some sort of raft, and then began riding off towards the island in the middle.

Extreme athletes. What should I know?

We set down somewhere before I proceeded to set off into the water and completely ignore him. It wasn't until I was halfway underwater that I remembered I hadn't actually breathed water yet.

Call me paranoid, but I wasn't sure if I could do it yet (even though I had already spoken English and Pokemon, hurled from eating regular food, and spat water out of my mouth). I nervously took a few steps forward, then swiftly stuck my head under the water. I let out breath and took another one normally. No problem. I opened my eyes, and looked around.

I was underwater. I was breathing underwater. And it was the coolest s*** I had ever experienced.

I began to swim a little, discovering just how quickly I did so. I looked around and saw different kinds of Pokemon swimming around me. It was all so...peaceful. It made me forgot about all the craziness that was going on right now. It just allowed me to slow down and enjoy anything else that wasn't terrible.

After a while of...I dunno the word, frolicking? I guess that's what you'd say about swimming and flipping around in a lake naked. Anyway, I was walking out feeling refreshed and looked over across the water. It was beautiful. Serene. There was a beautiful island in the middle of the lake, and the leaves of the trees bent in the wind.

Then I noticed that they bent one way on one side and another way on the other. I frowned. That couldn't be right. Then  I looked slightly above the island to see a large ship hovering over it.

"Umm...okay, that's a problem." I began to hear shouting from somewhere near the island. I managed to pick up the word bomb.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait. Bomb?

I spun around and ran back towards Ed. The edge of the water was a little ways off from where we had set up. I sprinted the entire way.

When he got within a good distance I called out.

"HEY!!" It managed to get his attention, and I began to say my next sentence, when suddenly I tumbled onto my face.

I looked back to see a Magikarp flopping on the ground. From there I looked up to see something beginning to be dropped in the island. I spun around and heard him as he called out to me. "What's going on?"

"RUN!!!" I screamed, ramming into him just as I heard an incredible roar, and I felt myself swept off my feet, and the air seemed to warm up by several degrees. The sudden movements tossed my head around a little, and I dropped into a deep state of unconsciousness in an instant.

---

Maylene punched the bag a few more times. No new challengers recently, and she was getting itchy for action. The guys she had hired to wait for challengers were getting antsy about pay. She sighed and threw an overwhelmed, pitiful punch at the bag.

At that moment, a loud boom shook the building. A few things broke in the chaos, and Maylene had to grab a wall to steady herself.

She rushed out front and looked out towards Lake Valor. There was immense amounts of smoke drifting from the area.

She turned around and grabbed two Pokeballs from her gym.

---

Anyone catch the references to the Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum comics there? Anyone?