Ch. 1 My Crappy Life Begins

Hi. I won't go into some long introduction, so here goes.

Hi again. My name is Jack. My life was awesome. Then it sucked. Then it sucked more. Need I go on?

Let's just get down to business.

I lived in Veilstone city until I was 13. Then my mom said we had to move to get an easier to afford house. It was so sudden, and I was gone in two weeks. My friends, gone. I was not happy to say the least.

And then there was the town. Sandgem. It's so boring. Like, seriously. There is almost nothing even there. It wasn't a great change from arcades and stuff. I was bored out of my mind.

I went out to the beach the day after we moved. It was quiet. Another thing I hated about this town. It was way too quiet. Going from living across the street from an arcade to...nowhere...absolutely nowhere.

I walked along the beach, frustrated. I walked a little farther, kicking a shell away. When I did, though, I noticed something sticking up from the ground.

I bent over and looked at it closely. It seemed to be...another shell. Whoop.

But when I cleared away the sand, it was actually one of those curly shells that's really big. It was kind of cool. I remembered hearing some rumor that you could hear the ocean in them. If I had remembered I was already next to the ocean to begin with, this whole mess might have been avoided. But I held it up to my ear. And surprisingly enough, I could hear it better. The rolling waves, occasional bubbling, and Wingull calls. It was really peaceful.

And then I felt it lulling me to sleep. Before I could stop myself, I drifted off into a soft sleep, during which my life would go completely bonkers.

---

I slowly opened my eyes. I stretched out, and felt the sun on my face, and the leaves on my back.

Except, I was on a beach. I couldn't be feeling leaves under my back.

I sat up, a little uncomfortably. I don't know why, but this position didn't feel natural. I yawned and scratched my nose. And I hit the bottom of my mouth. I reached out further, and reached the tip of my nose. And then I saw my hand.

It was a paw. I'm not gonna make one of those "or should I say paw" things.

And I reacted in a way very appropriate for the situation.

"GAAAH!!!" I jumped back.  I looked down and saw the horrible sight that was the rest of my body. It was all a marine blue, a strange sort of fur or skin, soft to the touch, but smooth like an amphibian's. I had paws, as mentioned before, and a large fin like tail emerging from my butt. I can tell you it is an uncomfortable experience having a new appendage.

I had been speechless up until this point, but now I finally found words. "I'm a Vaporeon. Okay, what the hell? WHAT THE ****ING HELL!!" Given that I really heard those curse words, I guessed I could speak English still. I didn't know for sure, so I would have to find out.

"Okay, calm down. Easy, Jack. You've been able to survive moving to an entirely different city and losing all your friends. This is just...just 50 levels above that. I AM IN ARMAGEDDON MODE!!"

I composed myself and tried to think rationally. "Okay. I don't know what's happening, but I need to find a way back home. Of course, I could just be right in the woods next to my house." I looked down at my body. "But given my luck recently, what are the chances of that?" I grumbled.

"So I should try to find the way home, but what if someone sees me as a pokemon and just tries to catch me? So maybe I should find a pokemon trainer to help me out. If someone runs into me then, they might just think I belong to them."

I sighed and looked up at the sky. "Hey, Arceus? I dunno if you can, like, hear me up there, but if you can find me someone to take me home, I promise I will follow the next random person to walk down this road."

Literal instants after I finished saying that, a loud booming voice began sounding from the road. I peeked out from a bush to see a very large man in hiking gear coming up the trail. He had a large pack on his pack that was filled to overflow with stuff. He marched down the road, singing in an obnoxious voice very loudly.

"SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COMES!!! SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE- WHOOOOPS!!"

At that moment he tripped over a tiny rock on the road and went rolling several feet, spilling several of the contents of his bag all over the road.

I looked back up at the sky. "Is it too late to take that promise back?"