Seven ©

Chapter 7

“3 laps GO!” Mr Moore shouted as I and a group of us ran around the track.

I needed to beat my personal record.

I sprinted. I heard footsteps beside me and turned to see the only person that could beat me. Dior. My best friend.

“Kai. K! Slow down, you’re going to cause permanent damage.” Dior shouted.

“You’re just saying that so you can beat me.” I said.

“Why you acting like I aint already beat you...like it from the back alie?” I clocked onto what he was saying and sprinted off. I reached the finish line and looked up at the time.

“YES I BEAT IT!” I felt a striking pain and dropped to the floor. My hands flew straight to my stomach. I heard loud footsteps.

“No one touch her.” Mr Moore shouted.

I looked up to see Dior smiling.

“I told you.” He helped me up and led me to the changing room. He grabbed his bag before heading to the showers. I followed behind him and got undressed. It didn’t bother me and it didn’t bother him.

He’d seen me naked and vice versa.

We showered together before getting changed.

“So whats the deal with you and Kenan?” Dior asked.

“Nothing.”

“What did he say about the baby?” Dior asked as we walked out of the changing room.

“Well let’s just say, it wasn’t nice.” I lifted up my top.

“Oh shit, did he do that?” I nodded. I felt tears. “Don’t cry my little doll.” Dior said before pulling on my cheeks hard. I screwed him and he pulled me into a hug.

“Owww. Plus it’s fine really. Aww my little Dior dolly cares” I said as I flicked his lips.

“Don’t f*ck about!” He slapped my hand away. Dior’s mum and my mum were best friends. I was born a week after Dior which is why we were so close. Believe it or not but he was named after the Christian Dior brand. Since his mum was modelling their newest product when she found out she was pregnant with him.

I clutched my stomach as I felt a striking pain.

“Whats going on b?” Dior asked holding on to me.

“ARGH DIOR...HEL...HELP ME!” I screeched.

“Did you miscarriage?” He asked. I simply nodded. “Did you go to the hospital?” I shook my head.

“Go to the exit. I need to go back and get my bag. Were going hospital now!” He rushed off and I carried on walking.

I wobbled slightly as somebody bumped into me.

“Oh sorry about that.” I rushed out.

“It’s cool babe. It’s my fault.” He said. I knew that voice. I looked up to see that guy from Kenan’s house.  I heard whining and looked down to see this little girl looking restless. Dang, she was pretty.

“Aww she is so cute. Your daughter?” I asked smiling up at him.

“Something like that.” He murmured.

“Oh, hi there lovey, I’m Kaila. Whats your name?” I said.

“Sian.” She said looking shy

“I’m Josiah, by the way.”He said as he put his hand in his pocket and swung back. I smiled at him. He was hot!

I turned back to Sian.

“Well aint you pretty? So pretty. Model potential. You should get her into child modelling.” I said indirecting the last part to him.

“Nah, she’s too young for that. So how old are you?” He asked. I ignored him. He didn’t need to know my age.

 “Oooh your hair. Aint you a beauty?” I looked at him and then Sian properly. “Uhm, how did you...let me rephrase that how the hell did you let your daughter walk out the house like that? Her hair looks F...uhm.”

He looked angry. Temper...Temper.

Her hair was everywhere. Gel in wrong places. Poor girl.

“I beg you shut up.” He kissed his teeth and screwed me.

I realised how rude I must have sounded.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. My mouth plea-” He walked off his daughter before I could answer.

 MY MOUTH! I had to learn to think before I spoke.

I watched as they rushed off.

I shrugged it off and walked off. That did not go well. I stepped outside to see Kenan leaning on his car.

I walked up to him.

“What are you doing here K?” I asked.

“Came to see you.” He said flicking his cigarette in my face. I coughed.

“Don’t do that!” I snapped.

“Why? You can’t tell me what to do anymore. We aint together.” He kissed his teeth. I stared straight at him straight faced.

“Why are you here?” I repeated.

“Come to give you back your stuff.”

My mouth dropped. So we were really over.

“O..Okay.” I stuttered. He opened the passenger’s seat and came out with my LV travel bag.

“Everything’s in there.”

“My iPod?”

“Yeah, I downloaded that mix tape you really wanted onto it.”

“Thanks.” I said smiling genuinely.

“You alright?” He asked.

“Yeah just fine.”

“You know I’m sorry right?” I nodded. “Oh and I went to the GP my bipolars getting better.” He grinned. I jumped on him and kissed him. I could feel his smile on my lips. I jumped back down and coughed awkwardly.

“You still love me Kai?”

“Always will.” He pulled me in.

“I’m going away for a bit. 15 years...” He whispered in my ear.

“What? What are you talking about?” I asked.

“To the big house. That’s all I’m saying.” He pulled my chin up. “I love you Kaila. Just remember that aite?” He kissed me once more. “Your mine.”

“KAILA!” I pulled away and turned around to see Dior shaking his head.

“Your batty friends calling you.” Kenan said sticking his middle finger up at Dior. Kenan was certain that Dior was gay.

“Sssh...don’t.”

“You don’t know how many undercover gays are in the hood.” His words not mine.

“I’ve got to go. Call me?”

“I...I...whatever.” I ran across the road and made my way to the hospital with Dior giving me a lecture .