10- Adopted

SOOOO this is a total filler chapter but I just wanted to put something up because it's almost CHRISTMAS!!!!  Don't hate me please!! Remember to leave a comment if you like it!

“Anna nothing happened, I promise” I said after I had given her a synopsis of my date with Blake.

She frowned, a crease forming between her eyebrows, “How come I don’t believe you?” she asked.

I huffed; somehow Anna knew something that I didn’t. I plopped down onto my too thin mattress and opened up my laptop. With some anxiety I opened my e-mail to see the flood of Dear Cupid letters. No wonder I haven’t gotten my check from the newspaper. I haven’t been doing my job.

“So I talked to Travis before you came up,” Anna started again, sprawling her body over my legs.

“Okay?”

Anna jolted up and glared at me, “Marne I’m giving you one more chance to spill before I kill you.”

I peered up at her over my laptop, “What are you talking about Anna? I already told you that I saw Massie and that I said a whole bunch of awkward things. What else do you possibly want me to tell you? The flavor of gum he offered me?”

“You could tell me that you two almost kissed! Don’t you think that that is a small detail I would like to know? What kind of a friend are you, seriously Marne!”

Abruptly Anna stood up, tossed her hair over her shoulder and stormed out. I knew that Anna was having one of her drama queen moments and that I would best for me to give her some space. A small part of my brain reminded me that it was those kinds of details that Anna loved to hear, and as her best friend I should have told her.

But another part of me wished she didn’t know.  That moment between Blake and I was the closes I’d ever been to having my first kiss, and I wanted to keep that memory locked in a vault. Sighing, I knew that there was nothing I could feasibly do at the moment until Anna came back, so I went back to being Cupid.

Dear Cupid,

                My best friend keeps saying that I leave her for my boyfriend. I don’t think that’s true, but she gets offended every time I bring it up. But when I spend time with her, my boyfriend says I’m ignoring him. How can keep my best friend and my boyfriend?

~Conflicted

I felt my eyebrows raise, this instant felt pretty similar to the one that was happening to me right now. Scanning my brain, I thought of some good advice to give to this poor person. Sometimes I would give each person a face and pretend to be giving them advice to their face, but that took longer than what I had time for.

Dear Conflicted,

                I can totally see where you are coming from. Maybe you can designate a certain day for your boyfriend and another for your best friend. If you and your best friend love getting lattes on Wednesday and Friday is date night with your man, make those days about them. Or the whole group can hang out together, so no one is excluded, just not in a third-wheel type of way.

                The One and Only Cupid.

After a couple of hours of sorting out everyone’s life out except for my own, I started to make apology cookies for Anna. I knew that the best way to Anna’s heart was through her stomach or shopping, and since the first was more in my comfort zone. The smell of triple chocolate chips cookies filled the room with its sweet scent.