'Round and Around

Chapter 5.

"Ahh, Miss Miller. If it isn't a surprise to see you here. Well since I've come at the right time, I'd like what you recommend. Which leads me to the question-" he paused to look straight into her eyes.."how do you like your coffee?"

Ruby let out a gentle huff, before racking her mind for an answer. She wasn't much of a coffee person, but definitely preferred one over the other. Attempting to maintain her smile, despite her frustration, she spoke up-

"I highly recommend order number 4, with a dash of caramel surprise. Brings the cake right out of the oven" Mr. Johnson smirked at her ridiculous expression, but nonetheless, trusted her choice, although slightly disappointed that she hadn't answered his question.

As she began to work on his order, he couldn't help but inwardly smile. She really was something, alright.

Ruby got on with his drink, and as protocol demanded, asked- "would you like a le bistro comment, sir?" As much as she hoped he'd say no, he was all up for it.

Sighing, she jotted down what she thought to be appropriate, handed him the drink along with his change, before all but running out to hide in the security of the locker room.

She knew his reaction would deliberately allow him to either laugh, smirk, or come up with a witty comment. Her cheeks certainly did not need to feel the heat.

Hoping the coast was clear, she ran out the door and straight into a very warm, bulging tummy. Her boss.

"care to explain why I found a lost customer, and a missing employee?"

With a loud sigh, "I had to pee, sir." Her boss didn't dare comment, although he was positive she had anything but needed to pee.

Ordering her back to her place, Ruby found that Mr. Johnson had all but taken a seat up front, quietly enjoying the predicament. Sipping his coffee, and smiling smugly, he offered Ruby a wink.

Patience. Ruby thought to herself.