Chapter 37

I'm sort of excited writing this chapter. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Happy reading!

This chapter is dedicated to tpjongte

Alex's POV

Bryce pulled over, we were finally at Sallis. I stepped out of Bryce's car and the sad feeling suddenly crept in again. I froze for a moment thinking if I should just go back home.

"Hey" Bryce called softly and I lifted my head to look him in the eyes "Are you OK?"

I hesitated before replying him. I don't want to ruin this, I don't want to ruin tonight for Bryce. "Yeah, I'm good" I nodded my head. I can see him sigh in relief.

"Let's go in" he grabs my hand, intertwining his fingers in mine and pulled me along with him inside. He let go of my hand and we both take our seats, facing each other, with our hands place on the table and waited patiently to be served. I ordered for steak and cheese toastie as usual and Bryce ordered for the same.

Suddenly Bryce held my hand again, I wanted to pull my hand away but I couldn't. I feel a little bit at ease when he held my hand. I looked at his hand that was holding mine and looked back at him. I gave him a broad smile and he did the same.

The bad feeling was still there though and I can't seem to shake it off. I just want the stake to be here soon so I can stop thinking for once.

A sudden look behind Bryce, I almost can't believe who I'm staring at. It's Him. He's here. With Her.

I can feel my heart beating faster than earlier, my brow trying to meet each other and my forehead and palm sweaty.

I can't believe he would come here with her, of all the places in the world. This place is suppose to be my thing and not his, he once said he doesn't like this place and it's for kids. What is he doing here? Why is he trying to ruin my night with Bryce?

I guess this is why I feel so restless. He just keeps showing up whenever I've decided to stop thinking about him.

Why does he keep doing that?

He has so much effect on me just by looking at him. He makes me weak and also makes me strong at the same time.

I can't get myself to be angry at him even when I try. But right now, seeing him with her make me hopeless, it makes me weak and so angry. I'm so angry that it has always been him but I'm happy it will always be Him. I can live with that.

He will forever own my heart.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Bryce asked snapping me out of my trance. I'm thinking about Kent while I'm with him. It's unfair. I thought moving on would be so simple but it's not.

"Yea-not really. I don't feel good" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"Do you want me to get you something?"

"No" I pull my hand away from his. "I want to go home" I said in a rush. I'm doing it again. What I did to him the first time. I feel so bad for him.

"You haven't had your toasties yet"

"I don't think I want that anymore. Take me home" I said sympathetically "please" I added.

He looked at me, confused before he finally said "OK"

***

"Are you sure you'll be fine" Bryce asked. He seem so worried and I'm not too blind to notice that. Sometimes, I feel like I'm being unfair to him and I wish I can return the feelings he has for me but I can't.