Chapter 28

This chapter is dedicated to genesisid

The rest of my day went well with my friends around. My stomach hurts from laughing at Emma's joke and Kim's silliness. I don't know why I had avoided them until now but I was happy that they came. I was very sure that my mom was eavesdropping before she brought in the lemonade with the steak and cheese toasties in a tray.

"I brought you girls something to eat, I'm sure you'd love it" My mom said as she dropped the tray on Emma's laps.

"Thanks Mrs. Cooper" Emma said.

"You're welcome sweetie. You can let me know if you need something" I'm sure she was indirectly talking to me. "I'll be right outs-I mean down stairs. I'll be downstairs." Damn it! Like I knew she had been standing by the door. I looked at her without saying a word and smirked. I could only imagine how happy she would be that I was finally talking to someone and laughing. The past few days had not been the best of days for me and anyone in the house, except Max of course.

"Okay Mrs. Cooper. Thank you" Kim replied her, with one of her enchanting smiles of course. Emma seemed to want to laugh but I could see her trying to hold it in, she probably knew what was going on with my mom. I also tried not to laugh until my mom was out of the room.

"Alright" My mom said before stepping out of the room.

Emma turned her head to me, rolling her eyes. "She's been at the door right?" She said and I nodded my head, making the three of us laugh hard like never before.

"Look...it's your favourite" Kim said "I can't wait to attack" She grabbed a toastie and took a bite. "Awesome" She said with a mouthful of steak toastie.

I took a bite after too much pestering and I knew how much had been missing.

I didn't ever want to feel that way again. I hated it and I hated Kent.

***

Emma and Kim left and it was just me and my thoughts again in my room. My mom already offered me dinner which I bluntly refused to eat, I later ate after she almost cried. Uggghhhhh.....She really was a drama queen, all moms are.

I sat on my bed with my legs tucked in as took my diary and I tried to find words to write in it, but I couldn't find any. I didn't know maybe I was just too tired to write anything, but the words just couldn't find their way to me. I took a sharp breath and got my glasses off, placing it right beside in the bed. I placed my diary close to my chest and laid down my back on the bed.

Staring at the ceiling, thoughts of Kent and his wicked smirk started running through my mind. I could remember the very first day I saw him at the hospital. He was like an angel with no wings. The day he talked to me and I passed out flashed in my head and I couldn't help but smile at myself. I could remember vividly how annoying and disturbing he could be, always trying to make me look like a crazy girl to the rest of the world. I couldn't possibly forget how happy I was when he shared his darkest moments with me. The reason he locked himself up from the rest of the world. Why he became so bitter. His teasing, his rude comments about my looks, his remarks the very first time he saw Bryce, the jealousy that flashed in his eyes whenever Bryce showed up.

The thoughts of that made me smile.

Every time spent with him at the hospital were one of the moments I cherished most, I couldn't possibly forget that, just like I could never forget what Tia did to him. And she was the one with him now.