Chapter 7: Close Encounters

I threw myself to the ground under the most secluded tree I could find. Letting the tears roll onto the grass strands as I concealed my face into the ground shielding my emotions from the view of the world. How embarrassing, to cry in a public place. I never cried anywhere near the view of other people but it was inevitable in this place.

I secretly wiped the tears of with my sleeve before looking back up. It wasn’t too crowded luckily, just a few people walking around and a couple kissing. Nothing out of the ordinary, thankfully.

 I was hiding on the edge of the forest close enough for me to see people but to be hidden from their view. Until someone brushed right past me. I jumped and covered my mouth to stop me from screaming. I don’t think he noticed me, even if he did he looked too preoccupied to confront me anyway.

He was tall, slim and very recognisable. He had a rather unimpressed, amused look on his face as he stormed over to the couple kissing... wait a minute... it’s the same guy! He and the guy from the couple are the same person! But how? The only difference was the guy from the kissing couple had a red top and the person walking over to them had a black top on.

The couples kissing was interrupted by a tap on each of  their shoulders. The girls face was almost laughable at. Complete shock with the perfect mix of embarrassment. The guy with the red top looked mischievous as he pulled back.

“Do you mind getting of my girlfriend Coby?”  The boy with the black top said oh-so-casually.

“No problem Yashin” he said winking at the girl who had now turned an unbelievable shade of red.

He stepped back smiling. But it wasn’t the same face anymore; it was a completely different person! He had changed to someone else. He walked off very pleased with him self.

“I’ll get you back you egotistical swine” Yashin called to him in a pleasant voice which only made his promise sound more threatening.

The girl buried her face in Yashin’s chest and sobbed. I grabbed my bag and sprinted from the scene as fast as my legs could, which thanks to being on the athletics team, was pretty fast...

What just happened was too weird to comprehend. Odd and completely awkward! I mean seriously, I can see a funny side to it but the whole scene was just wrong in so many ways, more proof that they ( And now myself) are nothing but monsters...

I needed to escape, escape to a place where no one would interrupt me and I could be left to my own thoughts. I didn’t belong here, I wasn’t like them, I can’t shape shift or make magic potions or move objects or manipulate electrical equipment or whatever they do in this alien place. I was just a normal teenage girl that should have normal emotional problems. Not ones like this! But now thanks to them, I’m not even welcome to the normal world either.

I walked into the main doors and skulked around the wide halls- empty ones if possible until I finally found my way to the bathing quarters located near my dorm. I dived into the nearest empty bathing cubicle feeling grateful that this part of the building was practically vacant.

The room was huge, including the bath as well! It was a large room, perfectly rectangular. The long marble bath occupied one corner of the room making up just under half the room filled. On the wall with the bath was a huge mirror enclosed into the wall with enough room to put your toiletries. Then within arms reach from the bath was a long standing reflective silver radiator that was also a place to put your towel on while you weren’t using it. Then at the far corner of the room was a shelf built into an indent of the room for the rest of the towels to go. The room was neutral colours magnolia, creams and browns which gave a nice ‘cosy’ effect. I walked to the bath and started filling it up.