Love of a Dragon

***sorry for mistakes***

Chapter 9

************

It was early evening when Aafje and Albern left for Tarrbridge. The sun was setting as Albern drove the wagon through the village. Aafje did her best to keep her head down as they passed through the narrow streets. It was one of those villages where everyone seemed to know everyone else. She could feel eyes watching her as Albern explained how she was just a traveller who had got lost in the woods. This must have happened before as the man he was talking to didn't need much persuading.

"Very well." he mumbled, "Help her on her way."

As the wagon began to move again Aafje kept her face hidden behind the hood of her cloak. It was going to be a long night and even one person realising who she was could make it a whole lot longer.

*******

"Whats going on?" Liam demanded as Sapphire, Dalyn and Benat burst through the doors.

"Its the elders," Sapphire gasped, "they're here."

Baffled, the eight guardians stood staring at each other. Non of them knew what to say. Why were the elders here?
Suddenly, the door burst open for a second time and Advisor Remslin marched in.

"I am assuming you are all aware of the situation?" he questioned.

They nodded in response.

"We do not know why they are here but it is clear that they know of your whereabouts. However, we are uncertain as to whether they are aware of Aafjes absence." He informed them. " Until we know for sure, only three of you should be with the elders at one time. Hopefully this should prevent them realising anyone is missing, is that understood?"

They nodded again.

"Very well then" Remslin muttered as he headed for the door. "Have a good evening."

"Good evening." they mumbled back before Remslin spun around again.

"And Malik," he said as an after thought. "do try and stay out of trouble."

As he closed the door behind him, Malik cursed Remslin under his breathe.

"He has a point." Benat sighed.

"Shut up." Malik spat back at him.

"What are we going to do?" pondered Erletta as she sank into a chair.

"About what?" asked Malik.

"About Aafje!" she yelled back at him.

"Oh, that."

"What do you mean 'oh, that', we have to find her!"

"Why? Its not our fault she went and got lost, is it?"

"Shut up, Malik." Dalyn demanded. "Erletta, we'll find Aafje."

"Will we?" Malik questioned.

At that moment, almost all of them turned to glare at him.

"That didn't help." Lyla whispered, taking his hand.

"Sorry." Malik muttered.

It was no secret that Malik had a soft spot for Lyla. It was probably the only soft spot he had. Non of them knew what made him the way he was, but then nothing about him seemed to make sense. He was a demon that didn't have a master. That was meant to be impossible, but nobody dared to ask him about it.

"Sit down," Lyla told him, "all any of us can do is wait."