II. The ABYSS

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jillian

________________________________________________________________________________

A couple of seconds have passed since he left, and Jackson hasn't returned. Worried as I was for Jimmy and myself ... I started feeling uncomfortable.

A billion things started to cross my mind that just couldn't keep me silent. The lights were still off and could sense that something was terribly wrong.

However, I couldn't figure out what that was, but being impatient could have its downfalls!

"Jack is taking so long! He should have been back by now!" I blurted out loud.

I tapped my fingers against Jimmy's bed, as I crossed my legs over each other.

"Calm down Jill, Jackson might just be playing a trick on us!"

I sensed that Thomas was looking straight at me as he said this, but refused to look at him. Covering my face now was all I could do, to cover up my shame. I felt this all my fault!

If the macho guys didn't fight over who was right and wrong, none of this would have ever happened. And the fact that I let Thomas inside this house in the first place was a huge mistake!

Don't get me wrong, Tommy was a handsome lad. Kind of like a young hot singer I used to adore, and when I asked him to sit on the sofa to wait for my brother, he used his southern charm to woo me in. I just had to play along, so the dude would leave me alone.

Thomas's curly dark blonde hair made me swoon for him, but in truth, I wasn't ready for a boyfriend! I'm only ten years old for heaven's sake! Besides Jackson already laid down the rules for us; Thomas was off limits!

But Tommy did make me laugh and when he held my hand, it made me confused, yet I forced myself to smile. The tingles in my body made me emotional all that time.

I was just playing with Thomas; he's out of my league.

But then that's when big brother showed up without my knowledge.

But the fact that I toyed with him earlier, made me feel guilty. For all I care, the smooth- talker should have been the one who went inside that closet instead!

Now the scumbag probably figured out through my constant movements that I was nervous. My cheeks must have turned into different shades of a rosy color.

I have been told that does happen when my nervous attacks occur. A minute passed by and brother still hasn't shown up.

If what Thomas said earlier was true, that nothing odd had happened to my brother, I'd be wringing Jack's neck when he comes back!

This wasn't funny anymore. He's about to give me a 'heart attack'!

"Turn the lights back on, George!" I ordered Thomas's friend to stand up. He was seated at the edge of the bed, so the dude was the closest one to the light switch.

And I was happy to know that George gladly followed my orders. It's not every day, that you can get good help!

~~

Once, the lights were back on, Jimmy stared at me with his sad 'puppy dog' expression. By that look, I knew that he was starting to get worried too.

Little brother probably wanted me to do something about Jackson's brief disappearance through telekinesis. It was a sibling thing, just as if we, as a trio, knew what the other was thinking at the exact moment.