Chapter 5 - Gone

Ricky's POV:

Three days. Three days had passed since the nurse gave us the bad news, Chloe is showing good signs, her eyelids are beginning to flutter. We are all hoping and praying that she will pull through... she has to pull through. She has 4 days left, I'm convinced she'll do it.

I have been out all day and I am currently grabbing a bag of chips. I head up to my room and then decide that I don't want the chips anymore. I settle down and then slowly cry myself to sleep.

It has been another four days. Today was the day they were taking Chloe off of life support, she still hasn't recovered. I drove myself to the hospital, hoping that somehow she will have miraculously recovered. In seconds, I need her to recover, it can happen, it will happen. I got to the hospital and rushed to her room, I don't even bother to sign in anymore. The receptionist lets me off.

I ran through the corridors, squeaking when I rounded the corners as my shoes scraped on the freshly cleaned floor. I reached the waiting room for the recovery ward and sat, waiting for news. Alison and Melissa wouldn't come, they couldn't face the pain. Libby and the boys wouldn't be here until later.

I was agitated, couldn't sit still. I was checking the time on my phone every 5 seconds, pacing back and forward. I was receiving some very strange looks from the other people in the waiting room. When Kaylee finally exited the room, she had a worried look on her face.
"What, What?!" I yelled, almost having a heart attack.
"We took her off, she's gone, Ricky. I'm sorry." My heart shattered. I couldn't breathe. My world ended, and she never got to know how I feel. I broke down, fell to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably. I must have looked like a complete lunatic but I couldn't care less. My heart broke, my world ended, my life would never be the same.

Today was the day of the funeral. I sighed as I tightened my black tie, this was the official goodbye, the proof she was gone, and I was dreading every part of it. They would put her in her coffin, put her in the ground. She would have 6 feet of dirt on top of her, never to be seen again. I wiped a single tear from my cheek. I had to be strong today, for Chloe's family. For Libby.

When I walked downstairs the other three boys were stood, dressed in their suits, with Andrea in a black and white dress. They all gave me watery smiles.
"You okay?" Connor asked. I just nodded. I hadn't said a word to anyone since two days ago. My best friend, the girl I loved, is gone. I held back more tears from rolling down my cheeks as we all left the house.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" they began scattering dirt onto the coffin, already planted deep in the ground.
"NO!" I yelled, everything that had built up finally being released. "She can't be gone, she can't" I stuttered, shaking uncontrollably. Melissa looked up at me with scared eyes, and I immediately felt awful for letting everything out, especially now. But I couldn't stop. I couldn't help it. Connor hugged me into him and told me everything was going to be okay. We all knew full well that everything wasn't going to be okay at all! Nothing would be the same again without her and we all knew it.

"But, but" I stuttered out "She was getting better, she was improving. If... if the hospital had kept her one for a minute, just a minute, I could have, I could have said... goodbye." I managed to force out the words between sobs. Connor calmed me down as they began to throw shovels and shovels of dirt on top of Chloe. On top of my girl.

I was at home, sat in my room. I didn't feel like crying, like sulking or being upset. I just felt empty, drained, like everything in my body had been taken from me. I needed too do something, I needed my mind taking off of it, I needed closure. I just didn't now how. Until, I heard Kian and Andrea next door.

"I just can't believe my boo killed herself" Kian choked.
"I know, babe. Come on, lets cheer up." Andrea muttered. And I heard giggling, followed by moans and sighs.

I knew what I had to do, I pulled out my phone and dialled the number I knew well. Shelby.

*A/N: Bet that was unexpected, ooohhh. Anyyways, new one up soon. Ive wrote like upto chapter 8. Just don't wanna post em all at once. Comment wat ya think. Love ya.

-Charlie<3