Authors Note

I am lucky in that I have never lost a child in the way poor Lia does in this manuscript. Ultimately this story is dedicated to the mothers who have lost their babies, and to the babies, in Heaven.

      This story came about eight years ago when my first marriage ended. I sunk into a very black depression and suffered a complete crisis of faith, which almost broke me in two. Writing this story was cathartic, it helped me make sense of a very dark time in my life. I wanted to write something about the power of love, it's healing properties and how the loss of faith can cripple a person. I found my faith again thanks to the love of a good man, and a good woman. They showed me that life goes on, even when you think there is nothing left. They gave me back the light and they helped me see that God had not abandoned me.

     I put them in my story. Joe and Eve became Lia's saviours, just as Josh and Ellie were mine in real life. I would not have got through it without them.

     To my darling Josh, even when life is difficult and the words don't come easily, you are everything to me. My best friend, my inspiration, my life partner and soul mate. You are the father of our beautiful daughter, a gift like no other and I will always love you.  

     Ellie, my soul friend, my partner in crime and laughs. I can't imagine what the last eight years would have been like without you. I thank God we found each other in 'Romance Topic Chat' on AOL all those years ago, exactly when we needed each other. I love you, Gori mou.