Chapter Forty One

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Victoria's POV

"You know what we should do?" Rocky asked the next morning after we had finished cleaning up the living room. I raised an eyebrow at him. "We should all go and get some breakfast. Then we should go to the beach," he suggested and we all agreed.

"We need to go to the doctors first. Tori's cast may be coming off," Ross said and I crossed my left hand's fingers.

"What time is the appointment?" Riker asked.

"Eight thirty."

"Alright, how about we all go and get our stuff ready? We meet each other back here at about 10?" Rocky asked and I nodded.

"We should be done by then."

"Well, we better get going. We'll see you guys later," Ross said and grabbed my hand. We greeted everyone and Ross drove us home. When we got there, I went straight to the closet.

"I was thinking about wearing jeans and a shirt to the doctor and just changing at the beach," Ross said and I frowned.

"Are you sure you want to come along? I can always meet you guys there or something. I don't want to keep you away from your family," I said and felt his arms wrap around me.

"Babe, you're not keeping me away from my family. Don't be silly," Ross said and I sighed. "Plus, you need me to drive you to the doctor. We'll probably go to Huntington Beach and it's a forty minute drive. Your argument is full of holes so don't even try," he chuckled and placed a kiss on my lips.

***

"Can you tie my top for me?" I asked Ross after he had stepped out of the shower. He hummed and stood behind me. After tying the top, he turned me around and looked me up and down. A low whistle escaped his lips.

"I never knew you had such an amazing bikini body, babe. You look gorgeous," Ross grinned and I blushed. His smile suddenly broke off and he flinched slightly. His eyes turned hesitant.

"What's wrong?" I asked, but he only shook his head. "Ross," I coaxed and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'm just . . . I'm going to knock Ryland's teeth out if he looks at you again like he did last night," Ross seethed and I sighed.

"You saw that, huh?"

"Look, I don't want to come off as jealous or controlling-"

"I think a little bit of jealousy can be good to keep the spark alive-"

"Fine, yes, obviously I'm jealous, but my own brother shouldn't be looking at my girl like that. I wouldn't be this angry if it was just some random guy. And by the looks of it, you'll be getting plenty of looks like that today so he better not test me," Ross said and I sighed slightly.

"I can't tell you that you're overreacting because I don't get the relationship between two brothers. It's different to that of a brother and sister. However, I can tell you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. And that I only have eyes for you," I said, but I could still see a bit of hesitance swimming in his eyes. "I'm not interested in anybody else and I never will be," I added and Ross nodded slowly.

I knew that Ross felt hurt by Ryland's actions, but I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I felt uncomfortable when he looked, yes, but it's not like he had made a move. I just hope he keeps his eyes to himself today.

***

"Well, well, well, would you like at that. Tori finally has two arms again," Rocky said when we walked into the Lynch house and I rolled my eyes.