Secrets

Trigger Warning - ED

Don't ask how, but you're currently getting ready for the premiere of Lauren Jauregui's new documentary and it's all thanks to your best friend, Y/BF/N. (Your Best Friend's Name)

There was a contest on your local radio station and the 10th caller would win two tickets to the premiere along with an invitation to dinner with everyone involved in making the documentary; including Lauren herself.

Anyone that knows you knows how much you love Lauren, and have done ever since her Fifth Harmony days. She's been an ongoing inspiration in your life and you honestly can't even believe this is about to happen.

You're mostly excited, but a little apprehensive and nervous. You'd rather skip the dinner and go straight to the premiere but you know that isn't an option.

For a few years now you've been battling with an eating disorder, one that has been extremely difficult to overcome. You have good days and bad days, but as of lately it's been more bad than good, and the anxiety surrounding this dinner is only making it worse.

"Come on Y/N, we gotta go!" your best friend says from the doorway as you continue to critique yourself in the mirror.

Your hair is in loose curls, sitting just below your shoulder blades, and your red dress matches your lipstick. You even managed to find a pair of heels to compliment your outfit, although can't exactly walk in them. You wanted to look good for Lauren, but all your mind seems to be doing right now is telling you everything that's wrong with your appearance.

"Hey" your best friends voice says, breaking your concentration and causing you to look at her. "You look beautiful, don't start with all that bullshit. Now come on, it's time to meet your idol."

Arriving at the private function suite where the dinner is being held, Y/BF/N holds your hand in hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze as your body begins to tremble with anxiety.

Deep breaths Y/N, you tell yourself.

"Hi there, can I see a form of identification please?" the security guard asks, and Y/BF/N immediately hands him your winning passes, along with her drivers licence as extra proof. "That's great, thanks girls. Enjoy your night."

After taking back her ID, Y/BF/N leads you into the main function suite, and you can already hear the laugh of your idol from a mile away.

"It's her Y/N, it's really Lauren!" your best friend squeals, and you can feel your stomach doing flips.

Holy shit. It's really her.

"Hi there!" a woman says upon approaching you both, "I take it you're the lucky winner from the radio contest?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm Y/BF/N and this is Y/N."

"Well it's nice to meet you girls, I'm Lauren's manager, let's go introduce you girls!" the woman says, and you hesitantly follow behind your best friend, who has yet to let go of your hand.

"Lauren, these are the contest winners, meet Y/BF/N and Y/N."

You feel a lump form in your throat as Lauren turns to face you, a smile invading her face. She pulls Y/BF/N into a hug, and then does the same with you. You feel your mind start to freak out at the realisation of what's happening.

"It's so good to meet you girls, oh my gosh you look beautiful, both of you!" Lauren gushes, and you feel your cheeks blush at her compliment.

"Thank you" your best friend replies for the two of you, clearly seeing that you're incapable of saying anything due to nerves. "And thank you for having us here, Y/N is your biggest fan."