Chapter 3: Fallen

Frisk quickly jumped into the mouth of the hole, screaming their lungs out as they fell. The wind blinded them as they barely saw the bottom; A small bed of golden flowers bloomed below them. They hoped it was enough to break their fall, but just as they were close to the ground

They blacked out.

***

Frisk's P.O.V.

"--isk" I heard small whimpers as I tried to open my eyes, my throat hurt like hell and I meant it, it burned to speak.

"Frisk..." I heard it more clearly to know that it was Chara, which made me worry since they were sobbing.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, seeing the blinding light of the small rays of sunlight above me.

"C-Chara?" I hacked as I speak, 'okay no more speaking I got that'.

"Frisk! Thank God you're finally awake! I was beginning to worry you won't wake up! "
Chara sobbed. I patted their hand to assure them I was fine.

{Where are we?} I signed.

Chara took a moment to register what I signed and then gave a sad smile.

"Welcome to the Ruins Frisk..."
Chara said softly.

I sat there, shocked out of my wits.

{What do you mean??} I basically almost flailed my hands, making it harder to understand what I was trying to say but Chara understood it anyways.

"Those wolves would've outran you sooner or later, this was the only thing I could do to ensure your survival — But... " Chara looked down guiltily,  as if the several green hues of the thousands of grass below were more interesting than what was actually happening around her.

"B-but what?" I spoke again, my hoarse voice echoing through the walls of the vast cavern, the question with it begging to be answered.

"But.. W-we're trapped in the realm of monsters... " Chara said, barely audible but still loud enough for me to hear in the thick silence.

But that's when I realized.

"MONSTERS?!" I screamed, well I tried to, the pain became even more unbearable as I suddenly coughed out blood.

"Easy there frisk... " Chara said, guilt even more clearer in their eyes.

As I finally stopped coughing I managed to calm myself,I was sure there weren't real monsters, I was so sure that they were just myths and rumors, But as I saw the serious look Chara gave to me I actually come to see that 'Chara's not lying' i said to myself.

I came to a full realization and looked down. Scrapes and scars cover my body and one of my legs limp as I move it; a sickening feeling of dread overcame me and I gave out a broken laugh.

'Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!'

I stared at the gaping chasm above, trickles of sunlight meet my eyes and I felt the homesickness already manifesting in me. There was no going back that was sure, the walls were too steep and the height so high; not to mention that if ever I would fall down from that height there will be no guarantee if I will survive a second time.

{What do we do next?}

"Well, there's no way else to go than–" Chara pointed at the dark hallway in front of us, an uneasy smile suddenly gracing their face
"–forward"

I looked at the unfamiliar hallway that seemed to beckon the two of us with a charm that felt so otherworldly that it sent a shiver down my spine.

I gulped.

Suddenly being eaten by wolves didn't seem much like a bad idea.

----------------

<WORK DISCONTINUED>

I'm really sorry guys, i had to discontinue this.
I have lost all my motivation and interest on this story and i feel like making my own original idea without resorting to fanfics.

Currently im working on my story 'Dusk' and one more to come so be sure to look our for that ^^

Anyways.

~Ciao