Chapter 2: Other Monsters

Frisk has been looking in the woods for quite some time now and Chara is getting more and more irritated every minute.

The forest was eerily quiet and the only signs of life we're just a few bugs and sometimes even a deer or a stag here and there.

Frisk found a clearing which made them excited and so they decided to check it out.

They we're surprised that the moment they set foot in the tall grass, swarms of fireflies flew out and lighted the area. Frisk even tried to catch some of them while Chara just watched and relished the beautiful sight.

After an hour of trying to catch fireflies, Frisk only managed to catch a few and kept them in a handy little jar they saved just in case.

They decided it was time to go since their feet hurt and it doesn't help the fact that they're wearing worn out slippers and they weren't comfy.

It took an hour for them to realize that they we're lost. They've passed by the same clearing again and again that they wouldn't be surprised if they've gone in circles the whole time.

"FRISK! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?? ITS ALMOST MIDNIGHT AND THE HEAD MISTRESS IS GONNA KILL YOU WHEN YOU COME BACK!!"

"Calm down Chara I'm sure I'll have a decent explanation when I come back"

"IN WHAT WAY DO YOU HAVE A DECENT EXPLANATION FOR SECRETLY GOING OUT IN THE NIGHT AND GOING IN THE SO CALLED CURSED WOODS THAT EVERYONE'S SUPPOSED TO BE AFRAID OF??" Chara complained

"It's getting kinda late Chara, I might need to stay here for a while to sleep" Frisk mumbled and proceeded to put down their back pack "Wait what?!Frisk!"

"Good night Chara." Frisk ignored Chara's rambling and laid down on the soft grass, which tickled their skin ever so slightly. The cold night air brushed their skin, lulling them to sleep.

"No — Frisk you gotta listen to me! We HAVE to get out of here, fast!" Chara started to whisper,  Panic became even clearer in their tone. Frisk reluctantly got up, stumbling a few times.

"Chara, please, there's nothing to worry about. Nothing can hurt us here, so atleast let me sleep"
Frisk yawned, obviously the sign of their deprivation of sleep, (which was mostly caused by Chara) but Chara didn't care, those horrible beasts we're lurking, waiting for the moment their prey will sink into the lie of safety, thinking that nothing would ever hurt them in the deafening calmness of the evergreen woods, but they we're wrong, those creatures would get every chance they have to sink their sharp canines into the flesh of their unsuspecting victims.

"Frisk! PLEASE." Chara was becoming desperate, this wasn't happening again, not again. "Chara as much as I want to go, I don't have enough energy to do so."

Frisk sighed and sat on the ground, the gentle breeze suddenly didn't seem so calming.
"Frisk... Please..the monsters are coming... " Chara's tone became soft, worried about something. Frisk shook their head and scoffed "Chara, you know I only believe in monsters to keep my childish ego up on something that isn't tru—" "Frisk you don't understand!!You will die out here! Those beast killed my parents while they tried to protect me! They Fucking gnawed on them like they were their own personal Chew toy! And ate them like they were free food served to them on a fucking silver plate! While I was in the protection of safety and I can't even help them or even call anyone for help and sat there bawling my eyes out like a coward, watching them get eaten alive, hearing them scream and trying to fight pathetically! And now I'm stuck trying to save a stupid 12 year old who won't even listen to me! "