Impossible ~Chapter 2~

Recap:

"Nothing. It was just so he would quit asking me out. Maybe he'll tell everyone I have a boyfriend and everyone will quit asking me out." I told him. He stared at me incredulously. “Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go and change my shirt." I told him and walked off. I took one look at him before I walked out the door that led to the girls bathroom and he slowly turned and walked off to the lunchroom.

 I scoffed at his confusion. He knows I don't like him in that way. Right? I got in the girls bathroom and changed my shirt.

 Right?

_________________________________________________________________________

"Okay. That's all to- "

Brrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggg!!

Finally the last period bell!

"Okay class, see you tomorrow." Mr. Henderson said. By the time he even finished his sentence, everyone was already filing out the door to leave. But for me, I like to take my time getting all my stuff and leaving.

When I did get all of my stuff, I headed towards the door.

"Emma! I hope that you are looking into colleges, correct?” Mr. Henderson asked. He was the school’s academic dean and he has been helping me with colleges because of my money issue.

“Of course,” I replied.

"Good! Ah, hello there Mr. Andrews!" He said looking towards the door. I followed his gaze to see Matt standing in the door with his head leaning in.

"Hello Mr. Henderson. Just looking for Emma and it looks like I found her." Matt said merrily. I waved at him.

"What did you need?" I asked slightly confused.

"Your mom called me. She's at your house and asked if I could drive you home and if I wanted to stay for dinner." He said, stepping inside the classroom.

"Oh okay. Well, bye Mr. Henderson, see you Monday." I said waving goodbye and walking out the door. Matt followed me out and we headed outside. My mom always liked Matt. He was a nice person. He’s smart and good at sports so he was a fun person to have around.

We stopped when we got to his car and I opened the passenger door and pretty much just threw my book bag into the seat. It shook the whole car with its weight. Then I climbed in and waited for Matt.

"When will you get a car?" Matt asked once he got in and turned on the engine.

"Whenever I can afford one. I have some money, but I'm saving most of it for college. Plus working at McDonalds doesn't pay well." I replied. My mom drives me to school on the fact that we couldn't afford to get me a car. My dad works but he is home most of the time and my mom didn't have a job. I don't like working at McDonalds but it was the only job that wouldn't interfere with my school hours.

Matt turned on the radio and Katy Perry 'firework' came on. I started singing to it and Matt just listened to my voice. I wasn't awesome at singing but I was considered good.

"So what did Lee want?" Matt asked when the song ended.

"He was just being Lee. He was flirting and getting ready to ask me out again for the billionth time." I said with a long sigh. Lee was nice and all but he bothered me so much with his arrogant self. He thinks he is so hot but he isn't really all that cute. His face is nice but the way his body is built is all wrong. He looks like a twig, and trust me, that isn't very attractive.

"So that's why you told him we were dating? I get it." He said chuckling. I smiled and stared out the window. It was so fun to hang out with Matt. We've been friends for a while now and he frequently came over to my house as I frequently went over to his house.