Chapter 6

Niall's POV

“So do you like sports?” I asked Zayn. We've been talking for the past ten minutes and I opened up a bit to him. Zayn was a bit different than I first thought. He was still a stubborn prick, but he was also a tiny bit on the childish side. Normally that would have annoyed me immensely, but this was Zayn we were talking about and I couldn't help but feel intrigued by his whole personality. On the one hand he acted like the twenty-one year old he actually was but on the other hand he was so carefree, not in a reckless way.

“I'm not really into sports. You?” I scoffed,”There's nothing I despise more than sports. My parents are making me join the football team at my school.” I frowned, remembering that I was supposed to be at practice today.

Zayn laughed, scrunching up his nose a bit. “You should try it out. A few muscles would look good on you.” I raised my eyebrows a bit. “Do you mean that I look too skinny?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe a bit.”

I immediately had to roll my eyes at him. Thanks for making me feel better about myself, I thought sarcastically. “Tell you what, I'm gonna buy you a nice pink doughnut. How does that sound?” He asked, eyeing me from the corner of his eyes.

I thought back to the one he had yesterday, cringing at the memory. “Sounds horrible.”

“How would you know? You haven't even tried it yet,” he stated,”Are you too goody woody to try something new?” Inwardly cursing at his growing, challenging smirk, I sent him a hard glare. I knew what he was trying to do. And I also knew that he would probably succeed at it.

He was still looking at me with raised eyebrows and that damned smirk of his. “Fine, I'll try some of it. Jeez,” I surrendered, trying to convince myself it wouldn't be that terrible. But in my mind I was already making out the weirdest of images about black, rotten teeth, a wobbly, deformed body, a humongous stomach and cheeks so chubby that the eyes looked unnaturally small, they seemed to to have almost disappeared in your face as if they had sunken in.

Shaking my head, I tried to get rid of those unpleasant thoughts and drew my attention towards Zayn again, just to find out that he had already ordered our food. That sneaky little bastard.

“So what kind of music do you like?” He asked, taking a bite of one of the bright pink doughnuts in front of us on the counter, two cokes standing beside each of them.

I thought for a second about my answer. “I like Boys Like Girls, Pierce The Veil, Simple Plan and Avril Lavigne. What about you?” He swallowed and wiped away a few crumbs from the corner of his mouth. “Well, I like Simple Plan and Avril too, but I never heard of the others. I also like Christina Aguilera and Mayday Parade.” Christina Aguilera was cool, even though I liked more her older songs.

“I never heard of Mayday Parade. What kind of music are their songs like?” I asked with real curiosity apparent in my eyes.

“I can send you one of their songs with my phone if you want. Then you can listen to it later or something,” he suggested. I agreed and he fished around in his pocket for his phone before bringing it to light and typing away on it for a few seconds.

“Sent it.” He smiled at me. His smile was a bit unfamiliar to me. He didn't smile often that genuine. He liked to smirk a lot, probably only to irritate me and, hell he did do a good job at that.

But I could get used to this new, warm smile. Maybe I would stay around him for a bit longer, he surely didn't seem as bad as first expected.

“Now eat your doughnut, I didn't buy it for just laying on the counter. It needs to be eaten,” he urged me, excitement written on his face, which made him look like a young boy. I wondered what he looked when he was my age.

I huffed and reluctantly picked up the repulsively sugary looking doughnut, bringing it up to my mouth to take a bite.

Zayn watched me with intensity. The taste of pure sugar, frosting and … a hint of pastry. For some odd reason, it tasted delicious. Although you could hardly make out the pastry it wasn't bad, not at all. I might even have this one again some time.

“So, do you like it?” I chuckled lightly. “You're so impatient.” Zayn groaned, ”Just tell me, Niall!” He wiggled in his seat, whining. I had to admit, the sight was quite amusing. “It's good.”

“Just good?” He exclaimed. I shook my head at his demeanour. “It's delicious. You happy now?”

“Yes I am,” He said grinning like a little child, making me roll my eyes at him.

On my way home I decided to listen to the song Zayn had sent me earlier. We had been talking for almost two hours in Costa Coffee and I learned a lot about him. For example, I know now that he has three sisters, two younger ones and one older than him. He likes to write little poems now an then, he plays the piano and enjoys to draw occasionally.

I plugged in my earphones and let the music blast into my ears. The sound of an electric guitar filled my ears. The song wasn't that great but a few of the lyrics made me think a bit.

I'll sing every song I wrote,

if it'll make you stay

and it'll say,

that I missed you.

And these words,

they'll convince you

[…]

And every line in every song

they all seemed to come out wrong,

until your song.

[…]

Stay and watch the stars come up

and then the sun as they all fade away.

Did he maybe sent me this song in particular to tell me something? Like a hidden message? That he doesn't want me to walk out of his life?

Then there was a part that made me chuckle.

And I could call you Baby Doll all the time.

And you'd whisper in my ears.

You'd say I miss you boy.

So sing it over again

and over again and over again.

I wrote him a quick text message. 'Are you trying to tell me something with this song?'

'Maybe *smirk & wink*', he answered.

'Well you don't get to call me Baby Doll, I'd prefer something more masculine.'

He wrote back almost immediately, how fast of a typer was he? 'I'll think of something, now I gotta do some stuff for work, ttyl.' I frowned slightly, realising I didn't know what kind of job he had. I had totally forgotten to ask that.

I made a mental note to ask him the next time we would see each other and continued my way home, listening to Your Song by Mayday Parade.

...

A/N: So I hope you liked Chapter 6 and GUESS WHAT?! Finally winter holidays ^_^

What are you guyz up to these holidays?

Please vote and comment.

I want some feedback from you guyz how you like it so far and if you have any questions or suggestions how I could improve this book, please do tell me in the comments, don't be shy ;)

~ Samsi :3 heheugh