Chapter 5

Niall's POV

'Hey it's Zayn. How are you?'

I had completely forgotten about Zayn at the moment, although it had just been yesterday that I met him. But now after he texted me, I was sure that he wouldn't leave my mind any time soon.

Deciding to be a polite person for once, I texted him back.

'You do know that I'm in class right now and am not allowed to text, right?'

After sending the message I tried to pay attention to what Mr. Gerald, our Physics teacher, was explaining at the front of class about electrostatics. Fortunately, it was a topic that I understood, because we went through this stuff last year. Now we were just revising.

I felt my phone buzzing again in my hand, the one that I held under the table to not get caught by Mr. Gerald.

'Well you are texting at this moment. And to be honest, you don't look like someone who follows the rules.' I could perfectly imagine his cheeky smirk, while looking down at his phone in his hands.

I was quick to text him back though. 'I just did it to inform you that now, or ever for that matter, is not the best time,' I wrote, getting a bit defensive.

“What are you doing?” Jan suddenly asked from my right, causing me to look up at him. Sadly for me, he had to sit next to me, because that was the only seat left.

I usually sat alone in Physics, but apparently these days were over now.

“What does it look like?” I asked rudely, rolling my eyes. “You know I could tell Mr. Gerald, right?” He looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. “No you wouldn't,” I stated, only to see him raising his hand. I watched him, not trusting my eyes, as he actually began to open his mouth after Mr. Gerald acknowledged him.

“I think you'd be very interested in what Niall has to tell you, Mr. Gerald.”

Mr. Gerald looked at me questionably, having no idea what I could want from him since I never spoke up in his class before. And this time I didn't even plan on doing it, I was forced to say something and it was all Jan's fault, or maybe Zayn's too. If he didn't text me in the first place, Jan wouldn't have noticed and done something about it, that jerk.

I glanced at Jan with an angry expression – he didn't look so lovable now, I thought grimly – but then faced the front of class again, where Mr. Gerald stood, waiting expectantly for me to say something.

“What is it Niall? I haven't got all day. I still need to teach this class,” He said irritably. Wow hang on. Did he just go all sassy on me? I felt a wave of fury shooting through me.

“I don't like you, or this class, or your bag of wrinkles and the flabby skin on your neck. You shouldn't wonder why people call you Mr. Turkey all the time.”

I didn't know what it was that made me say something this rude to a teacher, Jan, this boring class, the fact that I always felt the need to just close my eyes and rest my head on the table for sleep to take over me or even Zayn and his damn stubbornness, cheekiness and irritableness. But quite frankly, I didn't give a damn. I was frustrated out of my mind.

Mr. Gerald looked shocked at my outburst, I instantly knew I was in trouble.

“Please leave this room Niall, I do not tolerate such disrespectful behaviour,” He said with gritted teeth as calmly as possible.

Gladly, I stood up, gathered my stuff together and left the room with my head held high, my classmates giggling, especially little, short Jan the traitor, and a glaring Mr. Gerald.

Once I was out of the room, I didn't know where to go next. Physics was the second last class of the day, so there was still one glorious hour of Maths left.

I looked at my phone and saw that Zayn had texted me back, while everything went down in Physics.

'Well then tell me a good time.'

I thought for a few seconds before replying, knowing I would regret it this time. 'Can we meet? At the coffee shop from yesterday?' I brought my fingers up to my mouth and slightly nibbled on my nails, whilst waiting for his answer.

'Is this really you or are you someone else? But I'd love to. When? And you might want to tell me what I should call you, otherwise I will just make up a nickname and you'd have to go with it, wether you like it or not.'

Rolling my eyes, I typed him a message.

'You can me Niall. And don't get too excited. I got kicked out of class and didn't have any idea what to do. How about you come now to the coffee shop?'

'How about no... Niall *wink*. Nah I'm just kidding. I'm gonna head there now, see ya in a few.'

So he wanted to play a game? I let out a grumble in the back of my throat. He was driving me nuts. I stuck my phone into my pocket and made my way out of school, I would just skip last period.

When I finally got to the coffee shop, Costa Coffee, I saw Zayn already sitting at the counter.

I walked up to him, not really knowing what to do or say. This was the first time in forever that I felt awkward.

He greeted me with a large smile, not his usual smirk. I didn't know wether to smile back or not, but then decided against that and just took a seat beside him.

“So why the sudden change of heart, huh?” He asked smugly, but also genuinely interested, according to the nervous flicker in his eyes.

I was going to shot back a cocky reply, but closed my mouth as soon as I opened it. I thought for a while to come up with an honest answer. “Well, even though you are a jerk doesn't change the fact that you are a hot jerk.”

A light blush made its way across his cheeks. “Don't flatter yourself Zayn. It was just a statement, not a compliment. I don't do compliments. But that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the beauty in people.” The blush slowly fainted from his face and he looked as if he was deep in thought.

“You really are... something,” He finally slowly said. Zayn really confused me. One minute he was just annoying me and being stubborn and the next he was hesitant, not in a shy way, but in a way that made me want to rip the words out of his throat because it was so damn frustrating. That's probably what made me so interested in him, which surprised me, because normally I'm not really interested in the people around me. But he just awoke my insides and me interested in him.

“So tell me something about you,” I urged him, to divert attention from me.

A/N: Chapter 5 *_* already :3 It's been a while since I updated 3 chapters in total in 2 days o.o

Please vote and comment and make me happy :)

~ Samsi :3 heheugh