(32) Not a CD Signing

"Tori come on you gotta keep up." Jackson whispered. We were currently descending the stairs, well attempting to. I was a bit woozy from blood loss and every step downward hurt worse than the first.

"I'm trying." I grunted wincing as I gripped the guard rail. Jackson gave me a sympathetic look, I knew he mean't well but he was being really pushy. I was doing the best I could. I took a step more when an obnoxiously loud ring sounded from Jackson's back pocket. My eyes widened as I snapped my head around they were bound to have heard that.

After the initial shock and realization that he still had his cell phone, Jackson ripped his phone from his pocket reading the caller ID. "It's you...?" He wasted no time answering it and spouting out that we needed help. A wave of relief washed over me knowing that someone had found my cell phone and was responding. Someone would come looking for us. I slumped down on the step listening to Jackson's panicked ramble allowing myself a moment to rest when out of no where Jackson collapsed throwing his phone across the room in the process and landing at the bottom of the stairs with a loud thud. Luckily we were only about five steps from the bottom so I didn't think he'd hurt himself too badly.

"Jackson?!" I scooted my butt down the stairs to him. What the hell was that? I managed to flip him from his side to his back. Three wires were connected to his stunned body and I followed the wires to a gun in the hands of the crooked police man who had taken us. My body stiffened instantly. The only person who could protect me was in a heap on the ground being tased. Jackson groaned staring up at me he was obviously not expecting that. I attempted to pull the wires from his chest only to be tased myself. The wires burned through my hand sending me back a bit from the shock. I hissed cupping my hands close to my chest glaring up at the evil man.

"Stupid girl." Burns chuckled. "Alright now get up. I need you to do something for me. I had a friend back at the office make this up for me." He smirked pulling me to my feet with one hand by my bicep. "It's a contract. You're going to sign it thus handing over your entire inheritance. Now be a good little girl unlike your disgusting mother and Jackson here won't have to endure any more of the pain in store for him if you do not wish to comply." He rambled on showing me the thick packet in his hand.

"Don't Tori." Jackson grumbled, his voice hoarse and raspy. He was tased again sending him into a fit of convulsions. I grew uncomfortable watching him rolling around on the ground.

"Stop!" I shouted at Burns snatching the contract from his hands and turning away to read them without his eyes on me. I skim read the pages sighing at the words written on them. I knew this was the only way to keep Jackson safe, and I had put him in this situation in the first place. If I could make it out of here alive I could always get a job, and I knew I could make it on my own. The money was of no use to me. It was nice to have and I knew I was lucky there was never a time I was ungrateful, but it was not worth my friend's life. Especially when it was my fault he was here in the first place.

"Give me a pen and I will sign, but if and only if you let Jackson go first. Unharmed, and alive. No exceptions if he walks out of here hurt any worse than he already is you may as well kill me because I won't sign." Burns tsked hovering over me brushing my hair behind my ear lightly dusting my cheek with his thumb. I could taste the bile in my mouth just from this single jesture.

"You're not really in the circumstances to be making negotiations, but I want something else in return so maybe we can arrange something." He grinned. "Your dirty whore of a mother was such a tease. I don't know if you knew this, but her and I had a thing." He smiled a wicked grin.

"You're lying." I may not have known a lot about my parents, but I was sure my mother was better than that. Better than a cheater. She couldn't have, she wouldn't have. I could never know that for sure, but why would I trust this lunatic?