(25) Happy

Please don't kill me! I really have no excuse other than I am a lazy ass who just graduated and I didn't have much to write. Hope you like this chapter and please remember to Vote, Comment, and Fan!

_____________________________________

The car ride was silent and I wasn't sure if it was because of what happened this morning, or if Rayner was just tired. I wasn't brave enough to ask so we kept silent. We sat in the parking lot for a minute before I opened my door. Rayner cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Uhm, I will pick you up. See you." I nodded smiling and walking slowly to the double doors, I was not looking forward to seeing Jackson today. I felt awful about what I'd done, but it needed to be done. I wasn't fully committed to him and it wasn't right of me to string him along.

School was halfway over and going surprisingly well, I hadn't run into Jackson once and hoped I could avoid him during lunch. It wouldn't be that difficult because there are a ton of people in there and he didn't really go to the cafeteria before we started dating anyway.

"Hey where have you been?" Janice questioned the second I sat down. I shrugged a lot had happened in the past few days. "Where's Jackson?" My stomach clenched, I hadn't told anyone yet and I was nervous about it.

"We broke up..." Her jaw dropped and she set down her pizza. This couldn't be good, I hoped she would still be my friend after this. Jackson had really won my friends over and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided they would rather be his friend instead of mine.

"Already you just got together like a month ago. What happened?" I shrugged as people started crowding the table. It was kind of personal and I didn't wish to discuss it with everyone yet. It was bound to come out anyway though so I kept going. Janice wouldn't drop the subject so easily anyway, especially since she thought we were perfect together.

"I just didn't feel right about it, plus I didn't want to get too attached to him. I don't know what we are doing after high school and well I don't think I could take losing him." I admitted, everyone was listening now and I felt a little uncomfortable being the center of attention. I always kind of stayed back while everyone else talked to each other.

"I guess that's reasonable..." Janice shrugged, but the other two girls who I still hadn't bothered to get to know or even remembered their names rolled their eyes giving each other side glances. I wasn't sure what they were thinking, but I wanted to know and I was feeling a little braver than usual.

"What?" I questioned staring right at them, they seemed taken back by my new found outspoken behavior.  They looked at each other once more before one of them finally spoke up.

"Well if you want my opinion, I think you are still hung up on Damien." Damien nearly spewed his milk all over the table. Trace laughed loudly handing him his napkin. I let a small giggle out too before I remembered what the chick had just said to me.

"I am not hung up on Damien. Please. Can't a girl break up with her boyfriend without being interrogated. I'm not saying Damien isn't a cool guy or anything, I am just saying it's not true." I retorted her ridiculous accusation.

"So you weren't using Jackson to make him jealous?" The second girl asked. My eyes were probably as wide as saucers. Was she kidding?! I am not that shallow.

"No!" Damien was redder than my nail polish and I couldn't tell if he actually believed what they were saying. I hoped he didn't because it was completely untrue. The nerve of some people was unbelievable. I didn't know if it was a trend to express your opinion at this school, but I was sick of it. Especially when everyone is all in my business all the time. I wasn't even that interesting!